DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Skydio wins US Army’s $100 million small drone recon contract

DJI is not a Blue sUAS manufacturer, so they were never in contention for this or any other U.S. government contract anyway.

Exactly, and if I was them I would wonder why but then again we all know why don't we.
Yep. And I’m sure they are very aware of the reason as well. But I’m willing to bet that the support they receive from the CCP more than makes up for any unrealized benefits they would otherwise receive from a handful of U.S. government contracts. They’re making the business decisions the are most beneficial for them, and who can blame them for that? On the other hand, it is known that data from DJI drones can be easily fed back to DJI in China. And, given the evidence that there is a relationship between DJI and the CCP, I think the U.S. government is wise not to use them, especially for military operations. Both parties are making decisions in their own best interests, so it is what it is. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Seems they were told to take down the video.

LOL and Parrot just keeps putting out their videos hoping to get some of the action.
This was just posted by them today. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Wade L.
Thanks for sharing.

This may not be the gift it appears if you’ve ever worked with the US army. They’ll drain their best resources, misguide design, restrict operations with top secret commitments, drown them in paperwork and bureaucracy etc. And want a gun stuck on the front.

Reactions: F00Man
Exactly, and if I was them I would wonder why but then again we all know why don't we.
It's publicly stated that for sUAS to satisfy these federal requirements they must be designed and built in the US and not include any significant components that are made in countries of concern. That rules out DJI for multiple reasons.

It's publicly stated that for sUAS to satisfy these federal requirements they must be designed and built in the US and not include any significant components that are made in countries of concern. That rules out DJI for multiple reasons.
Never said it didn't. Just they need to ask what they could do better like all the thing you mentioned. Parrot changed where they make the USA version so why cannot DJI?

Never said it didn't. Just they need to ask what they could do better like all the thing you mentioned. Parrot changed where they make the USA version so why cannot DJI?
Because they would also have to stop sending data to China and stop receiving support from the CCP. The ends wouldn’t justify the means. I don’t blame them. Now, if the U.S. authorities somehow manage to ban ALL imports of DJI drones, that would be a different story.

They would have to become a US-based company, or at least create a US-based subsidiary making US-designed products.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki