DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

skyreat filters

Nighty

Reactions
Please can anyone help. I have just purchased a set of skyreat filters for my mavic pro. This is the second lot of filters I have bought as the previous ones "mio lab" were not passing the gimbal calibration test at start up. I am having the same problem with the skyreat filters. On start up the gimbal starts to calibrate then sticks and the gimbal motor overload message comes up. I have watched videos on you tube with regards to the skyreat filters and nobody seems to be having the same problem. Its as though my gimbal is trying to over calibrate. Any help would be appreciated. Im not a complete newby as Ive had the drone for over a year and always put the filter on after calibration however these filters are supposed to pass the calibration phase.

Kind regards
Nighty

Hi hope you can sort it out, filters help a lot with video.
I expect you are pushing them on all the way, down to the ring mark on the gimbal, sometimes they can be tight (any brand).
They aren’t hitting during calibration ?
Filters must be put on before start up, and the gimbal calibrated with these fitted.
Drone should be powered down and gimbal clamp put on to not stress gimbal motor.
If these filters seem to be ok from reviews and YouTube, general searches for problems etc don’t show others are experiencing what you are, it might be your gimbal is sensitive or slightly damaged for some reason . . . could be from the factory, or from a minor crash, or if a gimbal clamp has been left on too many times / left on too long when starting up.

i use MIO lab filters and have never had any problems with them ,they are very easy to fit and very light, i keep the ND8 one on all the time with no issues what model of mavic do you have the ones for the MPP just slide over the existing lens and as said by @MAvic_South_Oz make sure you push them all the way on it is easier to do if you use the original gimbal clamp that fits behind the gimbal

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom