DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Skyreat ND Filters for Mavic MINI ?

ngup

Reactions
If you own the Skyreat NDs and have experience using them on your Mavic Mini, could you tell me about how do yours perform?

I've found them really good, but i'm starting think i would have been better off with just plain nd's as opposed to nd/cpl.
Its hard to adjust the cpl when on the drone as you dont want to damage the gimbal motors.

I think turning it 90 degress of the white line cancels out cpl but its really hard trying to find this information as its not stated very clearly anywhere.

If someone has some pointers then it would be great.

Good filters though and do the job, i'm just not sold on the cpl bit yet but i could be doing it wrong..........

I've found them really good, but i'm starting think i would have been better off with just plain nd's as opposed to nd/cpl.
Its hard to adjust the cpl when on the drone as you dont want to damage the gimbal motors.

I think turning it 90 degress of the white line cancels out cpl but its really hard trying to find this information as its not stated very clearly anywhere.

If someone has some pointers then it would be great.

Good filters though and do the job, i'm just not sold on the cpl bit yet but i could be doing it wrong..........

Yeah, the Polarizers are a gimmicky thing and they upsell them. You're not wrong and what you say about 90 degrees sounds logical! You can't reap the benefit of the Polarizers on the drone (that's out of your reach while in flight) for the obvious reasons. Unfortunately, when you buy the NDs, they come in a package and you might not need them all!
ND's being just like sunglasses got one job but the question is if they can do that one job right!
-How does the footage look to you with the ND Filters on?
-Do you find using a specific ND more than the others... If so, which is that?
Thanks!!

The footage is much nicer with the filters, there's no doubt about that. I've mainly used them in the evening after work so not needed to go above ND16, mostly 4 and 8 until the suns drops then i take them off.

Taming the bright sky with ND's and getting the right shutter speed is great, but you can end up under exposing the bottom part of the picture which can be brought back to certain degree in post. Still for such a small drone/camera i really am impressed with it.

Reactions: ngup
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman