DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Slow Motion / Power Button in the Snow

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Its important to cover that Power Button in the Snow, within just a few minutes the power button can be fully compromised.

If your going to fly in the snow, you really need to protect that battery and straps wont do it.

You will find that the Mavic 2 Wet Suits can protect that drone from do harm and allow you to get in and out of the storm without threat.

Snow can turn into ice or rain on a dime and in this case ice.
Either way the Wet Suit protects you from both.

We offer a really nice Wet Suit Package for the Forum Members called The Mavic Twilight Package not found on our website.

email me at [email protected]
let us know what Mavic you have and I will send you out an invoice
You get 4 different color wet suit designs and 3 battery covers and 3 Power button seals that stay on the Battery making it hassle free to use .

Full video posted on our Website Phantomrain.org
Coal

Happens so fast we had to use slow motion to show it . Seems deers our attracted to the sound of the drone. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
While I am sure the product being offered here is a very reputable product, I do question purpose. On the DJI www the drone is clearly inferred to be capable of use in extreme cold environment! Else, this would be a false advertising gimmick on DJI’s part. The www does not infer the use of any external covering.

While I am sure the product being offered here is a very reputable product, I do question purpose. On the DJI www the drone is clearly inferred to be capable of use in extreme cold environment! Else, this would be a false advertising gimmick on DJI’s part. The www does not infer the use of any external covering.

So snow is a lot like Rain , it can be really wet .

If you take your battery and run it under the sink water you will find that all it takes is about 15 seconds for your battery to be completely compromised and that it wont work anymore.

This is not because the battery got wet but that the Power Button on your intelligent battery got wet.
You will also notice that the battery will begin to swell , most likely because its not able communicate to discharge.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your DJI Drones in the Rain/Snow and keep them Warmer.

So snow is a lot like Rain , it can be really wet .

If you take your battery and run it under the sink water you will find that all it takes is about 15 seconds for your battery to be completely compromised and that it wont work anymore.

This is not because the battery got wet but that the Power Button on your intelligent battery got wet.
You will also notice that the battery will begin to swell , most likely because its not able communicate to discharge.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your DJI Drones in the Rain/Snow and keep them Warmer.
Quite true about the battery button. Compromise could be accomplished in other means as well. Internal/external. My response was to simply demonstrate that on the DJI www they (DJI) clearly show their drone being used in what could only be described as alpine conditions.

I would further concede that additional protection SHOULD be on order if one decides to fly in environments as such! We invest too much to permit chance to gain an upper hand on our investment. So, just as I applied a 100% external Cerakote finish to my new vehicle (yes, that includes the glass) an additional protection to a drone for extreme weather piloting is warranted.

If, an assumption was derived that one should not consider your, or anyone else’s products, that it not what I intended. There are many reputable products on the market to enhance an enjoyable flight in less than pristine weather environs. You and other vendors provide an excellent selection.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent