DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Slow motion

bkushner

Reactions
Today for the first time I had the need to shoot 5K 100 FPS slow motion. I was shocked to find an already processed, slowed down 25 fps video in slow motion. Is there anyway to shoot 4K 100 or 120 native so I can edit the footage myself?

To my perhaps limited understanding, you can accomplish anything 100/120fps footage is capable of with the clips you have.

I don’t think the drone changed anything in the processing, other than file header metadata for the frame rate value.

In Premiere I would go into clip metadata in the bin by right-clicking on the clip and selecting Interpret Footage, and enter any fps I wanted. I’m sure there are equivalent methods in other editors.

However, I’d probably just accept the slow-mo footage and apply fast-mo velocity envelopes on the timeline.

Either way.

I think the important point here is that in this context your footage is just a bunch of stills, and a flag to tell a player or editor what framerate should be used for playback.

@SethB nailed it. Because it's slow-mo, it records at 100fps but the header in the MP4 tells the player to play it at 30fps. As he said, you can modify the header to change playback speed with most video editors.

Reactions: Wild Drone Pilot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FSLpilot