DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Small magnet on back of phone for car air vent mount...will it cause interference?

RickMC

Reactions
i just got one of these magnetic air vent mounts for the car. You have to stick a small circular magnet on the back of the phone. Will this cause issues with magnetic interference since it will be so close to the remote?

i just got one of these magnetic air vent mounts for the car. You have to stick a small circular magnet on the back of the phone. Will this cause issues with magnetic interference since it will be so close to the remote?

That's just a metal plate, not a magnet..

no, it is only metal near the drone itself ( don't launch off a car, metal bench, etc ) that screws with the compass calibration

The controller stick has magnet sensors so any magnet has the potential to screw it up.

Reactions: Kilrah
that is why I put my Mini 4 in the RC with the Home Button to the right side. There are cover magnets along the left side of the Mini 4 (bottom of the Mini4 in photo below). There is also one small magnet switch on the right/top and bottom side of the Mini4 for the iPad lock switch when closing the cover, but that magnet doesn't seem to bother the control sticks.Za3Qi4vzQLem%uisLAvvzA_thumb_1216.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000