DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart control clock 1hr ahead on pics

Purevil

Reactions
This has prob been discussed but I can't find this particular problem. I can find similar.
I've only had smart control a few weeks and everything is fine but I've noticed that although the the time is set properly on the control, the time stamp on pics and vids is hour ahead. Is this something I've done or not done. If its a problem is there a fix. Thanks and again sorry if already been asked.

I've only just noticed. I've set the clock right on the control. Then took pic and the time stamp on pic is 1hr ahead. I know its not a big problem but it will be one that bugs me. Control and drone are up to date and no problems with flight or connections.

Could it be that something is set to your winter time and something else to your summer time?
I have also, perhaps on a GPS enabled camera or phone, noticed a 1 hour difference between the device time and the GPS time. From memory this was due to the above but I can't remember which way round the difference was.

Reactions: Purevil
Nope, it's a issue with the SC, from day 1. Clock will be 1 hour advanced most times, and on mine if I don't fly for a week or so, it will be 6 hours off or more. I just make a mental note to check the settings and reset the time before I launch. Note a big deal 1 hour off, but 6 hours is problematic. Time zone on mine is set correctly.

Had hoped that firmware updates would resolve this, but so far no.

Paul C

I tested today & have the same time on the picture file as I have on the SC.
I have it set to Automatic British Summer Time 12 hour format.

I have also seen this. Actually, different times on different videos on the same outing. If you figure it out please let us know :)

See I've got mine set exactly same as yours only with 24 hr clock, so I'll try changing that and see if anything changes. Cheers

Had same issue with some pictures having 2 hours time offset.
Problem comes that that each time the smart controller is turned off and restart it added 1 hour to its time :oops:
In usual case, at home all is fine as the connection to the network will set the time correctly. When you go in the field and have no network, you get +1hour each time you turn on the smart controller. When network connection is possible (usb stick or phone as wifi hot spot), shortly after start it set correctly the time (you still have to see in the settings the +1hour but quickly it is corrected).
What is crazy is that the smart controller has a GPS.
After the disaster of the Crystalsky, I am even not sure they will fix it.

So wait for an update from DJI :) or have a network connection in the field.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7