DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller and BT-300 works!

tstrack

Reactions
Don't think this was ever covered.

I've been searching for a way to connect my BT-300 to my smart controller just for the video feed. I love both devices and prefer controlling my M2Z with the smart controller. After completing all updates today I found you can CAST from the Smart Controller to the BT-300(under Settings, Display, Receive). Seems to solve my problem and saved me the $ for the BT-35E. Plus no extra wires. Weather is terrible today so I can't flight test. Hopefully the extra wireless signal doesn't interfere with range. I'm happy I finally have my 2 favorite devices working together. Happy Memorial Day!

Quick update I did a short flight between rain. There is a noticeable lag but you have the Smart controller to look at for position reference if you don't feel comfortable with lag. Not bad but you would not want to be flying between trees with it. Clear image so in my opinion the combo is a go!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ivy and chuck1026
Just an FYI. I've been searching for a way to connect my BT-300 to my smart controller just for the video feed. I love both devices and prefer controlling my M2Z with the smart controller. After completing all updates today I found you can CAST from the Smart Controller to the BT-300. Seems to solve my problem and saved me the $ for the BT-35E. Plus no extra wires. Weather is terrible today so I can't flight test. Hopefully the extra wireless signal doesn't interfere with range. I'm happy I finally have my 2 favorite devices working together. Happy Memorial Day!
If you aren't already a member, please join our Facebook group and share this! Epson Moverio BT-300 350 35-E 30-C TIPS/TRICKS/SUPPORT

Just an FYI. I've been searching for a way to connect my BT-300 to my smart controller just for the video feed. I love both devices and prefer controlling my M2Z with the smart controller. After completing all updates today I found you can CAST from the Smart Controller to the BT-300. Seems to solve my problem and saved me the $ for the BT-35E. Plus no extra wires. Weather is terrible today so I can't flight test. Hopefully the extra wireless signal doesn't interfere with range. I'm happy I finally have my 2 favorite devices working together. Happy Memorial Day!
So how does it work you dont use the hdmi cables but go wireless let me know how it goes I have the bt35e but my wife dont want to spend the money on a set for her self if the bt300 work she prob get a pair

So how does it work you dont use the hdmi cables but go wireless let me know how it goes I have the bt35e but my wife dont want to spend the money on a set for her self if the bt300 work she prob get a pair

I just updated my original post with info from a quick test flight. A bit of lag but video feed was clear and I believe as good as hooked up through standard controller. Curious if you see any lag between the image on the BT-35E's and the Smart Controller? I would not expect so.

I just updated my original post with info from a quick test flight. A bit of lag but video feed was clear and I believe as good as hooked up through standard controller. Curious if you see any lag between the image on the BT-35E's and the Smart Controller? I would not expect so.
It depends on what HDMI cable you us

I connect the Smart Controller to the glasses via USB-C and the interface box that ships with the 35E's. No lag.

If I use the usbc type c 10GBPS I get lag but if I use same cable but 20BPS no lag depends on the USB C cable used

You can purchase the HDMI control box and use your BT-300 with the SC and Connect it with 1 USB C cable. You will not have any lag and the glasses work perfectly. Here is the link to buy the HDMI Box.

This is what I use so I speak from experience.

Last edited:
You can purchase the HDMI control box and use your BT-300 with the SC and Connectix with 1 USB C cable.

Sorry, I do not know what “Connectix” is. Is this some type of software OR was this a translation error? Did you mean to say “connect it” with 1 USB C cable.

I have a pair of a BT-35e's on order. Just wondering if the bt-300's are the same image quality, lag speed etc.?
Would I be better with the 300's as they would fit in my bag easier?

I have a pair of a BT-35e's on order. Just wondering if the bt-300's are the same image quality, lag speed etc.?
Would I be better with the 300's as they would fit in my bag easier?
I’ve been reading through quite a few threads & came upon a post where they owned both & said that there was only a slight difference in picture quality; I think that’s if you’re really picky. Of course the BT35e only displays the output of whatever Android system you use (ie. Nvidia Shield tablet), but I think you will have less lag with these smartglasses. FYI, my BT300 has at best, a 1/2 second lag. Hope this helps!

Reactions: pelagic_one
Thanks that's very helpful. Did you mean the 35e's would have less lag than the 300's?
Yes, the BT35e's should have little to no lag at all, because it only acts as a monitor for whatever phone/tablet/smart controller you are using, that is more than likely running a more powerful processor & more updated Android OS than the BT300's control unit.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne