DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller and BT-300 works!

I use this on to my smart controller USB C to USB C Cable, QCEs 20Gbps Type C 3.1 Gen 2 Cable 100W 3.3Ft for 4K Video Display and get very little to no lag but when I used the 10Gbps had lag
Hello again. Are you able to control the functions on the screen without looking down at your smart controller screen? Is there a cursor that appears on your BT300's screen, that you can operate with the SC's toggle?

Hello again. Are you able to control the functions on the screen without looking down at your smart controller screen? Is there a cursor that appears on your BT300's screen, that you can operate with the SC's toggle?

Not with the BT35e and the Smart Controller combination, the glasses act as a second viewing screen, you have to make app changes on the SC.

With the BT-300 you control the cursor in DJI Go 4 via the touch pad on the controller box

Reactions: pelagic_one
Not with the BT35e and the Smart Controller combination, the glasses act as a second viewing screen, you have to make app changes on the SC.

With the BT-300 you control the cursor in DJI Go 4 via the touch pad on the controller box

When using the HDMI box with the BT-300 and the SC it works exactly the same as the BT-35E.
You don't use the touch pad at all.

When using the HDMI box with the BT-300 and the SC it works exactly the same as the BT-35E.
You don't use the touch pad at all.

Yes, but your only connecting the glasses to the interface box, your still using the SC screen to control the app functions.
Functionally the glasses on the BT-300 and the BT-35e are the same, the difference is the interface box (BT-35e) and the android controller (BT-300) which makes the BT-300 a standalone device
The BT-35e requires something to transmit the HDMI signal

With the BT35e I believe you don't have a cursor in the glasses, the BT-300 design has a android controller and touch pad that allows you to do this.
On the BT-35e you would have to look down onto the SC screen to see what you were touching, on the BT-300 you could be still looking up and moving the cursor around to select menus and options through a touch pad

Yes, but your only connecting the glasses to the interface box, your still using the SC screen to control the app functions.
Functionally the glasses on the BT-300 and the BT-35e are the same, the difference is the interface box (BT-35e) and the android controller (BT-300) which makes the BT-300 a standalone device
The BT-35e requires something to transmit the HDMI signal

With the BT35e I believe you don't have a cursor in the glasses, the BT-300 design has a android controller and touch pad that allows you to do this.
On the BT-35e you would have to look down onto the SC screen to see what you were touching, on the BT-300 you could be still looking up and moving the cursor around to select menus and options through a touch pad

You are correct but the BT-300 with the android control will not work with the SC. To use the BT-300 with the SC you must have the HDMI box. If you try the screen sharing method the delay makes it unusable for flying FPV.

You are correct but the BT-300 with the android control will not work with the SC. To use the BT-300 with the SC you must have the HDMI box. If you try the screen sharing method the delay makes it unusable for flying FPV.

I was replying initially to the post about looking down at the SC by F13dfx.

I think we need to be clear that there are 2 different models of the Epson Glasses
  • The BT-300 standalone which has it own DJI Go4 app loaded on it. It is basically an android tablet/phone without a screen but glasses instead.
  • The BT-35e which is a viewing platform that has glasses, this needs to connect to a video input source (SC, tablet, PC, phone etc.) via it's interface box, it is not an android device by itself.
If your lucky to have both models the glasses are identical and interchangeable, to get the BT-35e interface box for someone who already has the BT-300 you would need to buy is separately.

If you own a Smart Controller you would be looking at the BT-35e model which you connect via it's interface box to the SC usually via it's HDMI out.
The BT-300 does not work with the SC when you are using it's android controller, there is no way to interface. It runs DJI Go4 standalone
You also can't connect just it's glasses to the SC without an extra BT-35e interface box to manage the incoming video signal

Hope this is as clear as mud

I didn’t mean that. I was wanting to use the BT-300 with the BT35e interface & the DJI Smart Controller. But since I don’t have these yet, I wanted to know (if you used either glasses) if from time to time you have to look down at the Smart Controller’s screen, for example to adjust for exposure & shutter speeds, etc. That’s why I was asking if there was a cursor available in this setup. That way I can always keep my eyes on my Moverio’s screen & at my drone (VLOS).

Last edited:
I didn’t mean that. I was wanting to use the BT-300 with the BT35e interface & the DJI Smart Controller. But since I don’t have these yet, I wanted to know (if you used either glasses) if from time to time you have to look down at the Smart Controller’s screen, for example to adjust for exposure & shutter speeds, etc. That’s why I was asking if there was a cursor available in this setup. That way I can always keep my eyes on my Moverio’s screen & at my drone (VLOS).

Yes, understood that. As I said previously with BT35e and the SC you need to continue to use the SC to make app changes but you’ll see the menus changing in the glasses

Hello again! A question for everyone that own a Smart Controller and using it with the BT-300 BT35e interface, I’ve read in the Smart Controller forums recently that there have been random screens freezing (even from close proximity) but the control sticks still functioned so that the operator was able to land their drone safely.

I’m thinking twice now about getting a Smart Controller because:

1. Even though DJI say they’ll have new firmware eventually for newer drones like the Mavic Mini & Mavic Air 2, maybe not for a future Mavic 3 Pro?

2. This freezing of screens defeats my purpose for buying one to rid myself of overheating issues that may reoccur with my BT-300 Android control unit.

Also, if someone did experience having their SC’s screen freeze, was there still video coming out of their Moverios (I wouldn’t think so)?

Hello again! A question for everyone that own a Smart Controller and using it with the BT-300 BT35e interface, I’ve read in the Smart Controller forums recently that there have been random screens freezing (even from close proximity) but the control sticks still functioned so that the operator was able to land their drone safely.

I’m thinking twice now about getting a Smart Controller because:

1. Even though DJI say they’ll have new firmware eventually for newer drones like the Mavic Mini & Mavic Air 2, maybe not for a future Mavic 3 Pro?

2. This freezing of screens defeats my purpose for buying one to rid myself of overheating issues that may reoccur with my BT-300 Android control unit.

Also, if someone did experience having their SC’s screen freeze, was there still video coming out of their Moverios (I wouldn’t think so)?
I owned the smart controller since they came out me and my wife and never had any problems even plugged into my epson bt35e glasses

This is the cable I use. Just copy and paste in the Amazon search bar.

DockCase USB C to USB C Cable 3.1 Gen 2 10Gbps 100W 4K Video Data Transfer Charging Cable for MacBook Pro, Dell XPS 13 & 15, Asus Chromebook, ThinkPad Yoga, Samsung T5 LaCie SSD - 22cm

This is the cable I use. Just copy and paste in the Amazon search bar.

DockCase USB C to USB C Cable 3.1 Gen 2 10Gbps 100W 4K Video Data Transfer Charging Cable for MacBook Pro, Dell XPS 13 & 15, Asus Chromebook, ThinkPad Yoga, Samsung T5 LaCie SSD - 22cm
They all say 10Gbps. Didn’t someone say that these had some lag & that the 20Gbps were better?

I use this cable and there is no lag at all.
I did bought both from Amazon USB C to USB C Cable, QCEs 20Gbps Type C 3.1 Gen 2 Cable 100W 3.3Ft for 4K Video Display and get very little to no lag but when I used the 10Gbps had lag

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne