DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart controller and Occusync 3 (O3)

The Smart Controller and the "standard" controller that comes with the Air 2S are both Occusync 2. So, that's why there is no disclaimer for the Smart Controller. In theory the range and communications between drone and controller is the same no matter the controller. That said, there are a number of reports that say the Smart Controller gets less range across the board (not just on the Air 2S). And others claim it is similar to a standard controller. IF there is an issue, this is not an O3 issue, but a Smart Controller range issue with 2 or 3.

That's interesting. So it's the drone side that matters, not the controller. I have heard about SC range issues. I don't have a standard controller to compare, but I've had mine out 13,500 feet with varied landscape elevation and a rural/suburban area.

That's interesting. So it's the drone side that matters, not the controller. I have heard about SC range issues. I don't have a standard controller to compare, but I've had mine out 13,500 feet with varied landscape elevation and a rural/suburban area.

Yes, for the Air 2S, all the hardware changes are drone-side as all the remotes are the same as the previous Ocusync 2 drones.

Leaks for the Mavic 3 have been coming out over the last week or so have indicated a new Smart Controller with O3 is coming soon with the Mavic 3's release. If there are actual hardware changes for transmission or just an updated Smart Controller in general remains to be seen. Backwards compatibility to the Air 2S and other drones also remains to be seen. From the sketches, it looks exactly the same, so could just be an updated processor....

I don't see the cards as being the issue. There is something going on with either environmental interference, hardware, software or firmware. It could even be things like antennae position.

1. Is all the software and firmware up to date on the drone and SC?
2. What position is your antennae in? Pointing it down so the flats face the drone is critical
3. See if you get different results with different frequency bands. In my area, 2.4 is noisy. I get better and smoother transmission if I'm 5.8.
4. Consider some inexpensive range boosters....like Yagi-udas. They are cheap and seem to be effective (5.8 only).

I've had mine for about a month+ and I usually get pretty smooth video. There are hiccups, but not that often. I agree about smooth video settings.
1. Yes
2. Flats always face drone
3. I leave it on auto so it can pick the best signal
4. May consider Yagis as the very last step.

Thanks for the info! All help is appreciated.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada