DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller Auto Startup -with charger?

Citizen Flier

Reactions
I attempted to charge/top off my SC before heading out for a flight project. When I plug in the charger the SC starts up. I unplugged the SC, shut down the SC, then re-inserted the charger cord. (using DJI wall charger}. Each time, the SC would start up. I checked the charge level which is full. But I have never had the SC auto start while attached to charger. I'm guessing this is just an insignificant quirk. But I tend to investigate odd behavior in electronic devices, for bugs, errors etc. Any thoughts, or just ignore? Thanks

Reactions: Lionfish
I attempted to charge/top off my SC before heading out for a flight project. When I plug in the charger the SC starts up. I unplugged the SC, shut down the SC, then re-inserted the charger cord. (using DJI wall charger}. Each time, the SC would start up. I checked the charge level which is full. But I have never had the SC auto start while attached to charger. I'm guessing this is just an insignificant quirk. But I tend to investigate odd behavior in electronic devices, for bugs, errors etc. Any thoughts, or just ignore? Thanks
The only time I've seen this is when the SC is not fully shut down. When the SC is on, a single press of the power button shuts off the screen, so actually in the standby mode. Then if I plug the charger in, the screen comes back to life. Are you sure you are fully shutting down the SC with the double power button press? If that isn't the problem, have you tried refreshing the last SC update? You could also back up or sync your flight data and do a factory reset. Sure is strange and hope this isn't a new glitch to worry about. Let us know if you figure it out.

Reactions: Lionfish
Sorry .
I’ve never seen that on mine .
But it looks like Loganair has some interesting thoughts to try .
I hope you get to the bottom of it soon , but at least it doesn’t affect your flying time .
I’m a big fan of the SC .

The only time I've seen this is when the SC is not fully shut down. When the SC is on, a single press of the power button shuts off the screen, so actually in the standby mode. Then if I plug the charger in, the screen comes back to life. Are you sure you are fully shutting down the SC with the double power button press? If that isn't the problem, have you tried refreshing the last SC update? You could also back up or sync your flight data and do a factory reset. Sure is strange and hope this isn't a new glitch to worry about. Let us know if you figure it out.
With my smart controller I don't double press at all. To turn on I just press and hold the power button till it vibrates, and then release button. To turn off I press and hold the power button til the indicator comes on to indicate it is shutting down, then release the button. To turn on/off the drone I need the double press, but not on my smart controller. Just thought I'd mention that, and yes it would sound like it is not completley shut down to me as well. Mine never comes on when the charge cable is plugged in.

With my smart controller I don't double press at all. To turn on I just press and hold the power button till it vibrates, and then release button. To turn off I press and hold the power button til the indicator comes on to indicate it is shutting down, then release the button. To turn on/off the drone I need the double press, but not on my smart controller. Just thought I'd mention that, and yes it would sound like it is not completley shut down to me as well. Mine never comes on when the charge cable is plugged in.
I probably didn't word that well on the first go around regarding the double press, but what I was trying to get across was that a single press without holding the button on shutdown will actually just put the controller in standby. If you've ever done it, you'll notice that plugging in power will immediately wake it up.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom