DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller Calibration Fails

KB9Radio

Reactions
Hello, I am able to calibrate the compass on my M2Z fine, however when I try to calibrate the SC itself it fails every time. I don't know if it really needs calibration, but I noticed this problem when I first got the M2Z and it called for a compass calibration. I didn't know at that time that it was referring to the AC compass, and instead tried to calibrate the SC compass since I had seen it when going through the menus. It failed at that time and I just moved on. Since then I have tried it many times just to see if I can complete the process, and it says "calibration failed" every time. It seems pretty simple according to the display you just hold it flat and slowly sort of rock it around, yet it fails every time. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Hello, I am able to calibrate the compass on my M2Z fine, however when I try to calibrate the SC itself it fails every time. I don't know if it really needs calibration, but I noticed this problem when I first got the M2Z and it called for a compass calibration. I didn't know at that time that it was referring to the AC compass, and instead tried to calibrate the SC compass since I had seen it when going through the menus. It failed at that time and I just moved on. Since then I have tried it many times just to see if I can complete the process, and it says "calibration failed" every time. It seems pretty simple according to the display you just hold it flat and slowly sort of rock it around, yet it fails every time. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

It took me a few times until calibration was sucessful.
It came through after making greater moves than shown on the display while keeping it in one position in the vertical axis.

Reactions: NedKelly
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsplum