DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller Charging Issues

Citizen Flier

Reactions
I haven't flown in about 3 weeks. I put my 3 M2P batteries & my Smart Controller on their chargers. The flight batteries charged up as usual. After a few hours the smart controller lights were still cascading, but it seemed way too long for it not to have achieved full charge. I thought maybe I had left the unit turned on, but negative on that. I can't imagine why the charge lights would still be flashing after over 4+hrs. Pretty sure the unit was stored with at least a half charge or more. Suggestions appreciated.

I haven't flown in about 3 weeks. I put my 3 M2P batteries & my Smart Controller on their chargers. The flight batteries charged up as usual. After a few hours the smart controller lights were still cascading, but it seemed way too long for it not to have achieved full charge. I thought maybe I had left the unit turned on, but negative on that. I can't imagine why the charge lights would still be flashing after over 4+hrs. Pretty sure the unit was stored with at least a half charge or more. Suggestions appreciated.
I recently noticed that too with mine. However I plugged the incorrect charger at first. I used the mavic battery charger.

Finally realizing that I switched to the correct charging adapter. We'll see when I get home this afternoon.....if I was able to get Full Charge.
When all lights are OFF

I recently noticed that too with mine. However I plugged the incorrect charger at first. I used the mavic battery charger.

Finally realizing that I switched to the correct charging adapter. We'll see when I get home this afternoon.....if I was able to get Full Charge.
When all lights are OFF
I have found that when I haven't charged my SC in a while, the dedicated wall plug charger does take quite a while to put that last 5% into the battery pack....patience will pay off. Forget about trying to charge from the flight packs charger, it has insufficient power to do so.

Reactions: Citizen Flier
I have found that when I haven't charged my SC in a while, the dedicated wall plug charger does take quite a while to put that last 5% into the battery pack....patience will pay off. Forget about trying to charge from the flight packs charger, it has insufficient power to do so.
Thanks, that's it. Same here. I thought it might be something else, but the lights finally went off. I even went to live online DJI support. Funny how the DJI techs are typically baffled by anything beyond most basic questions. I usually get better answers here.

Thanks, that's it. Same here. I thought it might be something else, but the lights finally went off. I even went to live online DJI support. Funny how the DJI techs are typically baffled by anything beyond most basic questions. I usually get better answers here.
You are welcome....I have found these forums have answered many subtleties the DJI manuals do not. Great resource!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cht6688