DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller Charging - "Top off"?

Citizen Flier

Reactions
The Smart Controller for my M2P appears to take hours longer than the flight batteries to charge, and it seems to be approx the last 4% or full charge that takes so long to be attained. Not sure if this warrants concern, as I can typically exhaust my 3 flight batteries and still have plenty of SC charge. Just worried that it's an indication of deterioration. Have only had the system for about a year, and I don't fly frequently. Thnx

The Smart Controller for my M2P appears to take hours longer than the flight batteries to charge, and it seems to be approx the last 4% or full charge that takes so long to be attained. Not sure if this warrants concern, as I can typically exhaust my 3 flight batteries and still have plenty of SC charge. Just worried that it's an indication of deterioration. Have only had the system for about a year, and I don't fly frequently. Thnx
Make sure you are using the charger that came with the Smart Controller, while charging the lights should blink quickly if they are going slow you aren't using the included fast charger and it will take hours longer to charge.
The charging brick is black:
1581713035755.png

Reactions: Saigondroner
I just unboxed mine tonight I pluged it into the supplied wall charger and I am getting the Slow charger message.

Last edited:
By “supplied wall charger” are you referring to the small AC to USB block you plug directly into the wall or are you using the Larger AC power supply used to charge the Intelligent M2 batteries that also has a USB port on it?

I ask because the integrated USB port on the Larger DJI power supply for intelligent flight batteries will indeed charge at a slower rate. You must use the dedicated charger brick (or an aftermarket one) that supports quick charging for fast charging.

Last edited:
I am using the Supplied Smart Controller Charger. PERIOD. I get a 96% charge, then it can take hours to get to 100%. It may not even be an issue, but that is my question. Seems simple enough.

Yes, the SC charging will slow to a trickle charge near the end of it's charge cycle and will take a VERY long time to then get to 100% and shut itself off. Seems an overly-cautious (stupid) charging program.
I always disconnect it early, and it's usually at 97%-99%. (after like 1 hr from 35%)
I don't see any reason to leave it on the charger for an extra 3 hrs. to get the last 3% charge.

Reactions: Citizen Flier
Yes, the SC charging will slow to a trickle charge near the end of it's charge cycle and will take a VERY long time to then get to 100% and shut itself off. Seems an overly-cautious (stupid) charging program.
I always disconnect it early, and it's usually at 97%-99%. (after like 1 hr from 35%)
I don't see any reason to leave it on the charger for an extra 3 hrs. to get the last 3% charge.

Thank you.

I figured out it may be the charging cables used. I have been trying out different chargers and different cables. It turns out the dji supplied cable is key, along with any fast charger. As long as the dji cable is used the controller will fast charge. Once fullcharged it will switch off.

Hope this helps

Reactions: ff22

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inky