DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart controller checking for updates please wait

My SC says checking for updates how long does it take to check for up dates. Its been going for 10 min
Reboot SC if takes too long to check for update. If you are sure you have Internet connection, there is possibly a problem with DJI server and you can try again later.

Are you using Assistant? If not you should.
If you are looking to update to the .650 January version this SHOULD be done using Assistant and not via SC Wifi. DJI specifically state this. Some got away with ignoring it others didn't and had major issues. Just search on here for numerous posts on the topic. It took 3 releases of the firmware with final version January 13th I think before the issues were resolved.

I recall on original purchase of SC 18 months back having problems with Wifi update not finding anything until I used Assistant.

Reactions: Wryandry
That's wrong, you can update with WiFi and without assistant, I did it, it was fine. If it doesn't work, you can of course try assistant.

And if the check takes a long time without a result, just try few hours later. Sometimes their servers are... Too busy

That's wrong,
No its not wrong. It is just additional advice for those who may have a problem. The .650 update contained a specific message from DJI that ADVISES updating via Assistant. If you read my OP fully it said SOME users like yourself did manage to update via Wifi despite DJI's advice not to. Others like myself did initially update via Wifi without reading the advice and ended up in an endless update failure loop. After that Assistant did not work until the final January 13th update which corrected issues with the 2 previous rel;eases.

It is not particularly helpful to post that "it worked for me" when clearly judging by the number of posts regarding January SC update issues it didn't for very many people.

So we basically said the same, just the other way round.
I know dji said that, I know it worked for me, I know it worked for many others.
It's easy to try it via WiFi, if that doesn't work, you can do the little more "complex" way with the pc/mac.

and risk screwing it up like MANY others, my advise would be to do it the way DJI says to do it, who knows best, you or DJI

and risk screwing it up like MANY others, my advise would be to do it the way DJI says to do it, who knows best, you or DJI
Screwing up... What?
Only thing that happens is, it doesn't work, then you can use the assistant. But why not try the easy way first...?!

And dji knows nothing best, used their customer service, they have no clue what's going on with their products. Just as a side note...

This from above post,,, Others like myself did initially update via WIFI without reading the advice and ended up in an endless update failure loop. After that Assistant did not work,,, who wants to mess around when you can do it the recommended way first off without problems,

Last edited:
Would be interesting to know, why it works for some users. It's the same device ?
Well...

some of the ones that succeeded doing it over WIFI later found out that there were other problems with drone or GO4, even thou the install worked, cant remember off hand what those problems were but a refresh through assistant sorted it.

That was maybe the case when they installed the first update, in the end there were 3 of them with the same build number.
Like I said, I used WiFi (because I couldn't update with the assistant, but that's another topic...!) and had no problems at all, everything works well.

It just proofs that dji isnt good at all in software....

Reactions: BamaBomber
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54