DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller Display Went Blank

PointJoe

Reactions
During a routine flight, which I do almost daily, the display on my smart controller went black/ blank. As I brought the bird back, it went on again. Batteries full on bird and controller. A search on this topic came up empty. Has anyone else had this happen?

Reactions: Foxtrot21
One day I raced outside with my mp2 and smart controller to quickly send it up to film a steam train that was nearby (I had little warning).
I thought the smart controller had plenty of charge but when I had the m2p up at around 30 meters the screen went completely blank.
A short pause to panic and sweat as I had no control over the m2p and I was in my backyard with roof tops everywhere!
I gather it is in the setup of the m2p but it then descended to around 2 meters and hovered.
I asked my wife to run inside and get me an extension lead and which I quickly plugged to charge the smart controller.
Once I got the screen back up it was asking me did I want to land - yes please!!

A lesson for young players.
My previous drone, a MA, would land if there was a problem.
Someone told me the m2p would eventually land when the battery started to die (nice).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinblueline3