DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller FCC mode

NLD FCC mod is drone patch not SC patch, I have it working on mine and its in FCC mode permanent no messing around with the fake GPS like I used to do, and works on latest firmware
i am lost what does it have to do with the drone as the FCC mode, as i understood it, was controlling the power of the controller radio`s transmitter - but, if you say it works, good to know.

It must be compliant to it would not be permitted in CE countries. It’s just that settings can be altered (not easily without hacks). After the hack, the the compliance may be in question, but that’s not DJI’s issue

It must be compliant to it would not be permitted in CE countries. It’s just that settings can be altered (not easily without hacks). After the hack, the the compliance may be in question, but that’s not DJI’s issue

That doesnt explain why DJI has made 2 different Mavic 2 controllers with different EIRP outputs where standard controller reaches 5km range and the more expensive SC only 4km. FCC is unchanged.

I don't get this whole range discussion ...

In most countries, be it FCC or CE, you are obliged to have VLOS.
Let's be honest, there are situations where most of us go a little further in the surroundings than we can see our drone and sometimes that's necessary to get the shot/clip in mind. However I hardly understand where the need of going so far or even more than the advertised 4 - 5 km distance comes from, where so many things could possibly go wrong without any chance of proper intervention being so dislodged?

From a technical point of view, it's certainly interesting to know, how far it can be boosted but from a legal and sustainable one, just follow the rules for a better together in daily life. It's not worth to hold a record in that discipline but rather enjoy the flying for a long time.

Just my 2 (Euro) cents ... ;)

@raven swe
Certainly.
But the output is regulated for a reason and just bumping up those values for your own pleasure might have negative effects on others.
I know, that sounds boring, but one might easily be tempted by this great technology, we should not forget to act responsibly. :)

being amateur radio is my second hobby I cant really see milliwatts as being a problem, I think the very low power setting for the frequencies involved is aimed at home WIFI so you don't interfere with your neighbours, but even so, I would have to have a recheck as im only interested mainly in HF frequencies and operate at power levels up to 1.2 kilowatts, I think a full amateur radio licence would cover for the use of watts rather than milliwatts for the frequencies involved in the controllers, I think I read somewhere that a radio licence would be required for higher TX from the controllers to be legal, I maybe wrong here and getting my wires crossed somewhere so don't hold me to it.
:)

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom