DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller Firmware and Flight Database App Wont Update

Lokinator

Reactions
Hello Everyone
I bought a smart controller/Mavic Pro 2 and have a problem. My smart controller will not update the Flight Database (App) or Firmware. My Flight DB App shows version 00.00.00.01 and Im told it should match the Flight DB (Aircraft) 00.01.10.23. I was in Mexicali and the drone refused to fly. I was told by support to try to refresh the firmware on the controller (It was the latest) via the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic. After multiple attempts with multiple computers, in multiple countries with different internet connections - the firmware downloads, verify, and goes to install.
The Smart controller restarts 3 times (as the contoller says it will) and then the software says it timed out and forces me to quit with a "I See..." prompt.

I also have a non smart controller and it show the 2 databases as the same version numbers so I have to believe it has something to do with the smart controller.

I like the idea of a smart controller but the GEO fencing combined with these issues has really made it not worth it. The whole preregister and download so I can get permission to fly is not good. I pray they have either a better controller or a better solution as this is the 2nd time I have had this issue while traveling. I will never leave my Parrot home again LOL!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Only a guess - but are you logged in to the DJI Fly or Go or Go4 app before you do the upgrade? I had several non-start moments when first using my SC - lack of info and proper procedure was very painful. Essentially I had to do a full registration and DJI account set up before I could do anything; what made it amazingly difficult is nowhere in any of the manuals did it say the drone must be powered on and connected to the controller for any of this to work.

Now, if I do anything related to DJI - I turn on the drone, turn on the controller - wait for pairing - then proceed.

Updating the SC was one of the most difficult things I have ever had to do with the DJI.
One important thing to do when using the Assisant 2 to update is make sure you have the WIFI turned off on the SC or it will not update. This was small detail that I was missing at the time.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain and Land on the Water.

I read everyone's posts and I am tried to update it today. I took your advice shut off my Wifi on the SC and have my drone powered up. I am 90% I did this before but figure what the hell the Bears won miracles do happen so maybe its my lucky day. Same deal it downloads, transmittes and updates to shows the files on the SC transmitting/updating. Then I get Firmware Updating. Checking the package! The device is going to reboot......after 3 reboots the Software complains the device connection unstable and I am forced to hit "I see" and software goes back to devices screen. DJI has offered to look and will probably send it back. I have a shoot next week. I will make sure I have my Parrot just incase the DJI does its thing again and wont fly. There are many things I like about the Mavic but I gotta say I have had many hurtles getting it to be a reliable drone I can count on. I was this/close to selling my Parrot. not anymore.

Only a guess - but are you logged in to the DJI Fly or Go or Go4 app before you do the upgrade? I had several non-start moments when first using my SC - lack of info and proper procedure was very painful. Essentially I had to do a full registration and DJI account set up before I could do anything; what made it amazingly difficult is nowhere in any of the manuals did it say the drone must be powered on and connected to the controller for any of this to work.

Now, if I do anything related to DJI - I turn on the drone, turn on the controller - wait for pairing - then proceed.
I've always as a rule, turned the controller on first, then the drone. Don't know if that would make any difference, but dji always suggest this order.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98