DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart controller hiccup!!

Keatek

Reactions
I recently got the smart controller for the mavic pro 2 and zoom 2.

couple of wee issues..
First one is, all the on line video reviews say that it can ‘store’ the two different drones in its memory and I should be able to swap between them without having to pair them each time. Is this the case?? I keep having to pair them up every time I turn one or other on.. obviously I don’t have them in at the same time. Any thoughts??

second one... the video is defaulting to the handset and I’d prefer it stayed on the drones own memory card...the settings menu has confused me and I wondered if anyone had the default settings.
move checked the manuals and I’m sure I’m missing something or just not understanding what it’s telling me...

Thanks in advance!!

I like my pics and vids to be in the drone... BUT, I recommend inserting a second SD card into the available slot on the M2P or MZ and using that card rather than the one intended for the drone's systems.

Sorry, can't help with the SC question... I own one, but almost always fly using my CS because of the 7.85" screen.

Reactions: Keatek
I recently got the smart controller for the mavic pro 2 and zoom 2.

couple of wee issues..
First one is, all the on line video reviews say that it can ‘store’ the two different drones in its memory and I should be able to swap between them without having to pair them each time. Is this the case?? I keep having to pair them up every time I turn one or other on.. obviously I don’t have them in at the same time. Any thoughts??

second one... the video is defaulting to the handset and I’d prefer it stayed on the drones own memory card...the settings menu has confused me and I wondered if anyone had the default settings.
move checked the manuals and I’m sure I’m missing something or just not understanding what it’s telling me...

Thanks in advance!!
What your seeing on the handset is the video cache (low resolution). There is a setting to turn this off if you do not want it. Though many people like to keep it on in case they lose the aircraft they have something. The real video is on the aircraft. You can download it to the controller if you would like after it is taken. Like Thomas said it's a good idea to have an sd card for the ac and controller.

I can't help with the auto pairing of two drones as I only have one.
Edit you may get more results if you post this in the smart controller section.

Last edited:
Reactions: Keatek

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots