DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller not seeing SD card after latest update

HoverGuy

Reactions
V01.00.0350 firmware was installed this morning. The new firmware caused another issue. Cache did not record to SD card. This is caused by the SD card not showing up in file manager. If the card is manually ejected and reinserted while the SC is on the SD card will work until the SC is turned off. Once you turn the SC back on the file manager will not see the SD card and will not record to it. Only way for the card to be seen by the SC is to reinsert the card while the SC is on. The SC will not see the card again after power up. Anyone else have this issue?

I just received my SC and it is behaving exactly this way. I updated the SC immediately upon receiving it and then inserted the SD card and formatted it using the SC itself. Now, every time I power down the SC and power it back up again, it indicates that the SD card is not installed and asks if I want to forget it.... even though it is snugly inserted into its slot. Ejecting and re-inserting the SD card while the SC is powered up resolves the issue (that is pretty annoying though)

Reactions: HoverGuy
Did you format the card in the SC? That is the only obvious problem I can think of. Also have you tried other memory cards to rule that out?

Did you format the card in the SC? That is the only obvious problem I can think of. Also have you tried other memory cards to rule that out?
Yes to both of those. When the card is reinserted the SC can read and write to the card until the next power off.

Reactions: CanadaDrone
What a bummer guys I was just about to get on and brag that I went 16 1/2 thousand feet test today on my smart controller and I actually love this thing it works way better than the regular controller switching between video and pictures there’s not so much of a delay or hitting the picture button three or four times to get into picture mode also the HD is wonderful there’s no lag there’s no lines as I used to get on my iPad mini so myself I’m loving the new smart controller but I am not happy about this new firmware update which I did not update I just couldn’t believe that when I powered on just an hour ago saying that there was a new update I was in shock and I thought to myself do not do it now that I read your comments I’m glad I didn’t see if there’s anyway that you can reinstall or do I main reboot where your smart controller comes right out of the box again I know it will do it I’ve seen the setting in the settings mode where you can do a full resetThat’s what I would do if I were you guys and then do not update the newest firmware 100 Dash 350 those guys need to get their **** together that burns me up

Yes to both of those. When the card is reinserted the SC can read and write to the card until the next power off.
well, i confirm - same issue. it looks like if SD card slot is not initialized after reboot - no matter what card, no matter what way - portable or internal, after reboot it does not see it.
i will try to do a factory reset now. what a piece of work.. i am not sure how is it even possible on android to get such an effect. have anybody else got that?

yep, difficult to understand how, but, SD card support is screwed now. factory reset did not help after restart SD card is not showing. i can only wonder what did they do to accomplish such a stunt. needs a new escalation with support i guess. let`s go open tickets with dji support. may be they will react.

This is exactly why I chose to wait for DJI to work out all these issues that I KNEW were going to happen. Every time they release a new product it takes them a long time to get everything worked out.
Besides the Smart Controller is WAY too overpriced for me. My iPad mini 4 is much better than it at half the price.

Reactions: maven4336
yep, difficult to understand how, but, SD card support is screwed now. factory reset did not help after restart SD card is not showing. i can only wonder what did they do to accomplish such a stunt. needs a new escalation with support i guess. let`s go open tickets with dji support. may be they will react.
Won’t do any good!

This is exactly why I chose to wait for DJI to work out all these issues that I KNEW were going to happen. Every time they release a new product it takes them a long time to get everything worked out.
Besides the Smart Controller is WAY too overpriced for me. My iPad mini 4 is much better than it at half the price.
I agree, I also use my iPad mini4 with ZERO issues. Many dollars less. I have the Crystal Sky also... now that works great in those sunny sunny days.... ZERO issues with that and I can use it on all the DJI products I own.... I will wait for the dumb I mean Smart Controllers to end up on Ebay for $200.00

Reactions: Inspirephil
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michalis