DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart controller SD card

warlock 31

Reactions
When I plug my smart controler in to the computer it doesn't show there's anything in it for pictures how do I get it to go directly to the SD card and not internal memory on the controler. There is pictures on it . It is easy on the mavic it self. Can anyone help me with this please. DJI was no help at all.

Also something weird happened last night went outside to try out the new lights on the bottom of the pro 2 and took a couple of pictures they did not show up on the SD card in the drone but they showed up in flight records like it had been taken but didn't show up anywhere else.

Also something weird happened last night went outside to try out the new lights on the bottom of the pro 2 and took a couple of pictures they did not show up on the SD card in the drone but they showed up in flight records like it had been taken but didn't show up anywhere else.

The pictures are stored in the internal memory (that's what happened to me anyway). If anyone knows how to get still pictures stored on the sd card, please let me know.

In the photos menu, click on the last wheel on the right....go down to storage location...cart!

I have yet to be able to remove the sd card from the sc and put it in my card reader to get the pics on my iPad. If there is a step by step process that a not so android fan can use or understand, I’ve not found it.

I have yet to be able to remove the sd card from the sc and put it in my card reader to get the pics on my iPad. If there is a step by step process that a not so android fan can use or understand, I’ve not found it.
Just take a very small screwdriver or a pair of tweezers and push the card in a little bit and I will top out.

The pictures are stored in the internal memory (that's what happened to me anyway). If anyone knows how to get still pictures stored on the sd card, please let me know.
Go to file Explorer in your apps. Then at the bottom click on internal storage. Click on DJI File Then go to DJI go v4 file. Then go to catch image. Hold the image down. Hit at it and then move at the bottom. Then click on San disk. Then move again and it's done

Just take a very small screwdriver or a pair of tweezers and push the card in a little bit and I will top out.
I don’t have an issue removing it, just haven’t ever seen a picture from it.

Why do you want to take data from the controller in the first place? Shouldn't be needed unless for specific uncommon reasons... It's from the aircraft that you normally want to take your images.

Reactions: kilomikebravo
The design of the two different locations leads me to believe that the sc is easier to access.

When I plug my smart controler in to the computer it doesn't show there's anything in it for pictures how do I get it to go directly to the SD card and not internal memory on the controler. There is pictures on it . It is easy on the mavic it self. Can anyone help me with this please. DJI was no help at all.

I had to futz with the drivers on both my Win7 and Win10 computers to have the SC show up in Windows Explorer. If you check DEVICES, you may see Yellow Exclamation marks. Someone posted a method. You need to search for them on the computer and do it manually.

Also, when you plug an Android device into a computer, it first only wants to charge. It will not necessarily show the Internal or Sd-card drives. If you miss the prompt, you can slide your finger down to find notifications or tap the little "number" in the upper right. It will allow you to change to Share Files as well as charge. (not the transfer pictures - you want the entire option for File transfer). I also find that it does not always work the first time I try sharing files. Sometimes I have to hit the notice again, change to charge, and again, change to Files. A pain!!! Same thing happens on my Android phone so it is not SC specific.

I briefly had an ipad (returned as too foreign for this Windows/Android person). Apple seems to want to prevent you from directly copying/moving files to its Gallery or whatever it calls its photo storage. God forbid someone from directly messing with files!!! When attaching to Windows, I needed some 3rd party app to allow the transfer. Might it be the same issue with a card reader?

I also prefer not messing with the Drone's door and card slot - too finicky. Are you downloading images/video to the SC by using the Review Icon (under the camera settings icon) and then there's an option to download. Otherwise you might get the very low quality res thumbnails. Sorry, if you already know this stuff.

Why do you want to take data from the controller in the first place? Shouldn't be needed unless for specific uncommon reasons... It's from the aircraft that you normally want to take your images.
Just thought I would try. That should work but it doesn't. The reason for taking info off your controller is if you lost your aircraft or your card in your aircraft Pooped out. It's still be nice to get the video took In that case.

Just thought I would try. That should work but it doesn't. The reason for taking info off your controller is if you lost your aircraft or your card in your aircraft Pooped out. It's still be nice to get the video took In that case.
I figured it out. Went into general settings on the DJI app and changed the capture to the SD card fixed everything . All videos now have voice and are captured on the smart controller SD card. Still can't take stuff off of the controller unless I have a special program it says but I can take the SD card out and put in a reader and do it that way works great. Perfect!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S