DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller slow charge

kalimah

Reactions
Flew air2 and mini2 yesterday using smart controller. Controller got down to one light after flying 3 batteries for each bird. (Battery flight time is another issue). Anyway came home plugged in smart controller to charge and didn’t get a full charge until this morning. Used DJI charging accessories. Why so long?

Did you use the accompanied charger? If you use another charger it charges very low speed and you normally even get message on the screen to warn you for that. It nbrmally would take about 2-3 hours to charge from 1 LED to full charge.

Did you use the accompanied charger? If you use another charger it charges very low speed and you normally even get message on the screen to warn you for that. It nbrmally would take about 2-3 hours to charge from 1 LED to full charge.
Yep, I indicated that I used the DJI charger that came with the controller.

Strange, then I would suspect the internal battery is not ok, or the charger does not provide the necessary high performance quick charge. Especially since you also mention battery flight times issues...

Strange, then I would suspect the internal battery is not ok, or the charger does not provide the necessary high performance quick charge. Especially since you also mention battery flight times issues...
Thanks. Will see what happens next time. That was the first time I used it for that long a period.

No problem, it would be nice if you could borrow another charger from a fellow droner if you know someone in your vicinity to try it out.

Reactions: kalimah
I experienced a charge like that with the charger for the batteries but with the block charger that came with the controller, it was pretty quick. I don't know the specs on them but if you have an iPad charger, they put out some decent amps. You could try that if you have one.

I experienced a charge like that with the charger for the batteries but with the block charger that came with the controller, it was pretty quick. I don't know the specs on them but if you have an iPad charger, they put out some decent amps. You could try that if you have one.
This is what I did with my smart controller. I used the fast charger for my android phone. Still took quite a while but much faster than anything else.

I’ll try my iPhone lightning charger. Thanks.

I’ll try my iPhone lightning charger. Thanks.
Apple uses a bigger charger for the iPad than they do for the iPhone. The one for the phone is much smaller. Check your amp ratings and see what they're putting out.

• Sad
Flew air2 and mini2 yesterday using smart controller. Controller got down to one light after flying 3 batteries for each bird. (Battery flight time is another issue). Anyway came home plugged in smart controller to charge and didn’t get a full charge until this morning. Used DJI charging accessories. Why so long?
Are you using the correct cable? I have a charger with amps display and different cables allow different amps.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98