DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller update V01.00.0650

That’s ok. I do not have either. I think DJI dropped the ball on this. A lot of people like myself only have an iPhone and iPad. No need for a computer anymore.

Reactions: Starz
That’s ok. I do not have either. I think DJI dropped the ball on this. A lot of people like myself only have an iPhone and iPad. No need for a computer anymore.

The only other option if you want to update is to prevail on a friend/relative to use their computer, install Asstant, update and UNinstall Assistant.

I always updated without a pc. What's happening when you do so?

Maybe you can download the file on a SD card and update from there?but I think that only works for app updates. You could Google that, maybe its a possibility, but I kinda doubt it.

I think the real problem is DJI released with the same version numbers. So your mobile devices don’t realize the update needs to be applied.
The PC version lets you force the update.

So that’s why you need to use Assistant.

He didn't say he already has the 650 version. If that's the case, you are right (and dji is again amazingly stupid to use the exact same numbers).

But so far we don't know what his problem is.

He didn't say he already has the 650 version. If that's the case, you are right (and dji is again amazingly stupid to use the exact same numbers).

But so far we don't know what his problem is.
I agree he should clarify "not working" a bit.

I am guessing that @Tspencer37 had a pop up on the SC asking to update and did so via wifi on the SC with either a fail or endless loop of the same update being requested. In effect the update possibly corrupted the firmware. Can you confirm @Tspencer37 what you mean by not working?

It may be that you will have to reset the SC firmware. As I recall DJI did insist that Assistant MUST be used although some users got away with update on the SC via wifi but many like me didn't and had issues until DJI produced the 3rd update to the update!

I am guessing that @Tspencer37 had a pop up on the SC asking to update and did so via wifi on the SC with either a fail or endless loop of the same update being requested. In effect the update possibly corrupted the firmware. Can you confirm @Tspencer37 what you mean by not working?

It may be that you will have to reset the SC firmware. As I recall DJI did insist that Assistant MUST be used although some users got away with update on the SC via wifi but many like me didn't and had issues until DJI produced the 3rd update to the update!
I was hoping to go beyond guessing.
I only got offered the first version on SC because of the identical version numbers, and never offered any past that.
At this point the OP is going to have to beg borrow or steal a PC to get this done.
If he mentions where he live I am sure anyone of us would help out.

I was hoping to go beyond guessing.
In the absence of a clear description of what is meant by "not working" difficult to go beyond guessing. There is a whole litany of discussion in multiple related threads on this issue in the forum going back to early January. The OP could perhaps research those? In any event a PC or Mac will likely be required.

Hi everyone. I use an iPad to download and watch drone videos. I have a Mavic 2 and use the smart controller. “Not working” meant it would not update. It would get to 98% and then get stuck. I was trying to update to 650 version. I searched other areas on line and they said I need to download the DJI assistant 2 onto a PC or Mac. I was able to use my sisters laptop today and was able to get everything updated. Thank you everyone. This is a great forum. I’m still new with drones and I really enjoy what everyone posts. I’m learning alot.

Reactions: Ex Coelis
My solution was using my 6 year old mac.
First update worked fine via WiFi, then dji decided to do update the update with the same version numbers, so the controller didn't realise there is a new version. That's why I used the PC, but their software didn't work with the new firmware.
Only solution was using a mac...

There is always a solution, just try one of those 3 and one will work.

It's dji, they can't program software....

I updated mine last weekend over Wi-Fi. Checked it later in the week while at work on Assistant 2 and it was at the newest firmware.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000