DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller with the MA2

Jaldrich

Reactions
Hello everyone. I was just perusing through the smart controller manual dated January 2019. I noticed it had a section for the interface items that you’d find on the DJI GO 4 app as well as the DJI GO share. But I didn’t see any reference at all to the Fly app that the MA2 uses.

I’ve never owned any other DJI Drone before so I’m not familiar with the GO 4 app at all. Is it safe to assume that the interface that they have in the smart controller manual is/would be the same for the Fly app?

I thought maybe they would put a new manual at least or a supplemental part to add to the manual about the Fly app. Then again maybe they did and I’m just not seeing it.

Last edited:
The latest version of the smart controller has the DJI Fly app which is compatible with the MA2 as the the Go 4 app is not.

The Smart Controller has a 32 bit operating and the phone version of the DJI fly app was created and compiled for 64 bit. That was the cause of the delay in adding the MA2 to the Smart Controller. Changing the compiler architecture, especially when downgrading, can have unforeseen bugs and they more than likely took longer than expected to sort out.

Last edited:
I can't find any documentation for using the Fly app with the smart controller either. On a youtube video I learned that you can use a dial for zoom unlike the controller that came with it. There are probably more tidbits like that to learn but in my experience, documentation is low on the list of priorities for tech companies.

I can't find any documentation for using the Fly app with the smart controller either. On a youtube video I learned that you can use a dial for zoom unlike the controller that came with it. There are probably more tidbits like that to learn but in my experience, documentation is low on the list of priorities for tech companies.

Yes i was hoping to find something. I don’t mind figuring it out for myself. But you would think DJI would have least created supplement appendix to add to the smart Controller that talks about the fly app. Then again maybe the controller does the same thing in both apps but still would be nice to now.

I will find out once my controller gets here as long as the snow holds off.

You can use the dial for zoom on the Mavic Air 2's stock controller.

The smart controller has a sort of training/learning part that guides you through all the features and button functions and combinations or shortcuts as you set it up. It also has a "quick" button you press that brings up all the shortcuts/ button combinations so it's real easy to get used to using them fluently. I got one a few weeks ago and it's great!
On the older ones too i see some/most were having issues updating over wifi and stuff. Mine did it all over wifi right out the box no problems at all so i think they have fixed these issues.
Get used to the button combinations and it really is a dream to use. I love mine and the extra features it gives you are awesome and make flying even better.
Hard to believe, i know! I'm sure you'll love it. ?

Reactions: Jaldrich
But can you zoom in while moving the camera gimble at the same time?

I think you can only do one change at a time with the standard controller.

The smart controller has a sort of training/learning part that guides you through all the features and button functions and combinations or shortcuts as you set it up. It also has a "quick" button you press that brings up all the shortcuts/ button combinations so it's real easy to get used to using them fluently. I got one a few weeks ago and it's great!
On the older ones too i see some/most were having issues updating over wifi and stuff. Mine did it all over wifi right out the box no problems at all so i think they have fixed these issues.
Get used to the button combinations and it really is a dream to use. I love mine and the extra features it gives you are awesome and make flying even better.
Hard to believe, i know! I'm sure you'll love it. [emoji108]

That’s great to hear It definitely puts my mind at ease.

The SC was made compatible with the MA2 only in the last few months, so it makes sense that a manual a year old wouldn't cover the Fly app.
I'd say your "supplement" would be the MA2 manual which includes info about the Fly app. I'm sure there's not much difference running it on your mobile with stock controller vs on the SC.

Reactions: Jaldrich
That’s great to hear It definitely puts my mind at ease.
It's honestly set out for you being brand new to it and it's quite intuitive. You'll love it i'm sure.

Hello everyone. I was just perusing through the smart controller manual dated January 2019. I noticed it had a section for the interface items that you’d find on the DJI GO 4 app as well as the DJI GO share. But I didn’t see any reference at all to the Fly app that the MA2 uses.

I’ve never owned any other DJI Drone before so I’m not familiar with the GO 4 app at all. Is it safe to assume that the interface that they have in the smart controller manual is/would be the same for the Fly app?

I thought maybe they would put a new manual at least or a supplemental part to add to the manual about the Fly app. Then again maybe they did and I’m just not seeing it.
MA2 doesnt use DJI GO 4. Look for pairing drone to RC.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
360Guy