DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller with Two Mavic 2 pros

FrankIII

Reactions
I have owned a M2P with a smart controller for several years now. Many other DJI's in the past. I recently acquired a used M2P as a backup for my existing M2P. I have fully tested it with its controller. I'm wondering if anyone has used a smart controller with two of the same model UAV's?. If so how will Go4 name / distinguish the two differently on the boot up screen? N4PAO

I have owned a M2P with a smart controller for several years now. Many other DJI's in the past. I recently acquired a used M2P as a backup for my existing M2P. I have fully tested it with its controller. I'm wondering if anyone has used a smart controller with two of the same model UAV's?. If so how will Go4 name / distinguish the two differently on the boot up screen? N4PAO
The bad news is I don't think it will (if you are referring to the Aircraft Management screen that comes up when you try to Connect). The good news is the smartphone user doesn't need to know that distinction. Just choose the model you intend to connect with and the smart controller will literally connect with any M2P in the area that is put into pair mode and close enough to hear the smart controller calling out. How wonderful is that? :)

If you "Switch Aircraft" from the menu, I literally see no distinction between the different drones of the same model, you'll probably have to guess which one if they are named the same (there is an option to rename them).

Last edited:
Reactions: DroneTats
I doubt that the controller will be the slightest bit bothered about the names of the drones.
I suspect it will connect to which ever drone is availble and has been previously paired with the controller.
The app probably identifies the drone from one or other serial number but again it probably isnt particularily bothered by differing drones of the same model. I have had flightlogs from multiple Mavic 2 P & multiple Mavic 2 Z on one phone without a problem.

The simple answer is try it and see.
If you are worried, remove the drone's props, start the motors with the CSC, let them idle for a bit, stop them and have a look at the logs in your profile or via DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help

Reactions: mavic3usa
I doubt that the controller will be the slightest bit bothered about the names of the drones.
I suspect it will connect to which ever drone is availble and has been previously paired with the controller.
The app probably identifies the drone from one or other serial number but again it probably isnt particularily bothered by differing drones of the same model. I have had flightlogs from multiple Mavic 2 P & multiple Mavic 2 Z on one phone without a problem.

The simple answer is try it and see.
If you are worried, remove the drone's props, start the motors with the CSC, let them idle for a bit, stop them and have a look at the logs in your profile or via DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Simply pair whichever one you are using. Only takes a few seconds to push the button.

Simply pair whichever one you are using. Only takes a few seconds to push the buttons.
Whilst that is correct, correct me if I am wrong but isn't one of the purposes of the smart controller to remember pairings with multiple drones.
The idea being so that it is NOT necessary to go through the pairing process each and every time the controller is connected to another known drone?

Last edited:
I have a SC, M2P, an M2Z and a Mini2. I use all 3 with the SC.
Usually, when I change drones, the SC finds and accepts the change.
Sometimes, though, the SC asks me to pair the new device.

I have used the same DJI SC for 4 different Mavic 2 models. When you try to connect to any given drone, it will take you to screen that asks which model, ie Zoom or Pro etc. Then , it will show you what models you can connect to from previous connections. Mine all have names which you customize in settings. You will have to go thru the linking process everytime you change drones though. Not a big deal and very easy process.

Thank you all for this info. I will proceed with the methods suggested. One other question I have is are the M2P settings kept in the GO4 app or the M2P itself? Ex RTH altitude, max altitude, max distance etc. I assume the settings are in the GO4 app itself therefore both M2P's will share the same settings. Thanks again and Merry Christmas to all. N4PAO

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas