DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart controller won’t activate..

evad1980

Reactions
Hi guys,

I’m new on here as I’ve only just purchased a Mavic 2 Zoom that came with a smart controller.

Sorry if this post is in the wrong place on here but I’m pulling my hair out! I’ve read quite a few threads about this same problem but not getting an answer…
I switch on, select language, agree to terms, select country (UK), connect to internet, confirm time zone, log in to DJI account and then when I press ‘activate’… all I get is server error (-2)!!!
I’ve tried umpteen times, three different wifi’s and even a new account! No luck!

I’ve managed to update it to the latest firmware (1.1.58-1) and spoke to DJI on the phone who are unable to help (without sending to them)!
Surely there must be a fix, it’s brand new!! I bought it on eBay and will probably have to open a dispute but thought I’d try on here first in case anyone knows a fix?!?
I’ve also tried a hard reset and there is no SD card in it…

Anyone… please….??

Thanks, Dave.

Reactions: crazeuk
I don't have a smart controller but I seem to remember some people having issues with home internet on firmware upgrades. If you do a search, you might be able to find a solution.

I have to use the hotspot from my phone to update, access geo unlocking, update flysafe, etc. Something about my home and work ISP won't let me access DJI servers. If I use my phone hotspot it works flawlessly. Some days my home wifi will allow it, others it won't. Its frustrating.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803