DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart controller won’t activate..

evad1980

Reactions
Hi guys,

I’m new on here as I’ve only just purchased a Mavic 2 Zoom that came with a smart controller.

Sorry if this post is in the wrong place on here but I’m pulling my hair out! I’ve read quite a few threads about this same problem but not getting an answer…
I switch on, select language, agree to terms, select country (UK), connect to internet, confirm time zone, log in to DJI account and then when I press ‘activate’… all I get is server error (-2)!!!
I’ve tried umpteen times, three different wifi’s and even a new account! No luck!

I’ve managed to update it to the latest firmware (1.1.58-1) and spoke to DJI on the phone who are unable to help (without sending to them)!
Surely there must be a fix, it’s brand new!! I bought it on eBay and will probably have to open a dispute but thought I’d try on here first in case anyone knows a fix?!?
I’ve also tried a hard reset and there is no SD card in it…

Anyone… please….??

Thanks, Dave.

Reactions: crazeuk
I don't have a smart controller but I seem to remember some people having issues with home internet on firmware upgrades. If you do a search, you might be able to find a solution.

I have to use the hotspot from my phone to update, access geo unlocking, update flysafe, etc. Something about my home and work ISP won't let me access DJI servers. If I use my phone hotspot it works flawlessly. Some days my home wifi will allow it, others it won't. Its frustrating.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk