DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller

I really appreciate your response. I have not been able to unlock the zone near my house. I LOVE the idea of it using the hotspot and have set it up and used it through the Smart Controller but it never seems to unlock. Like I mentioned my backyard is right at the border so great for testing - I am going to try it again today or tomorrow and see if I have better luck. Thanks for your response greatly appreciated.

I did capture an admittedly crappy video of what's happening. Basically says its unlocked but it will not take off. I tried atleast 10 times today various restarted etc. DJI says they are going to send me a fix by email....not sure how that will work but I shoot in 2 days and my guess is I wont be shooting with the smart controller.....if ANY one knows why it wont unlock I would greatly appreciate any help you can provide. I called DJI and they said they would email me the fix....sounded strange cause I had the drone ready to go but I got the feeling they werent sure why....after they asked if I had updated software after that it was where are you we'll email you a solution. Unlocking via the standard controller works perfectly. I hope I can get this figured out as I like the controller....and getting better and better with the drone!!

Not sure if its tue but I heard from someone on the DJI Forum they said....

Is a bug, also have sent it to DJI but they have a crap DEV Department and fixing bugs is not their strong point (see also Custom Mode sticks on SC that Moderators lies continuously from 6 months that will be fixed).

The only way to unlock is to send your approvals to them by Site with the SN of your controller and they send you the unlocking to load it in your remote.
The stupid thing is that if you work with 2 controllers (one normal and one SC), you will need 2 approvals as SN is different
smile.gif
)))))))
Stupid of stupid of stupid.....

.if this is true this is a closed loop system outside of the hotspot the phone is providing. I dont understand why everyone isnt having a problem...I am going to call DJI again today and see if they can confirm. But less than impressed.....

Thanks for the video. I have not had the behavior with mine, but perhaps it's firmware or software version related. I probably won't be able to test this near a self-unlock zone this weekend, but perhaps Monday and see if mine exhibits the same behavior with the latest version - probably at least a few versions back since I tried.

If so, I stand corrected and will have to edit my previous posts, that is bad news and a bad bug.

That said, the post you quoted seems to indicate that person is having the same issue with the regular controller (hence the 2 approvals), but you are not.

I'll post back when I've been able to test.

So I made a little headway...after 3 hours on the phone with DJI I made some headway. We got it to unlock at my house. They said I shouldn't have to do this again when I'm in Schaumburg tomorrow and that the database had gotten confused and they had to reset it. I will update when I can but atleast it sounds like I might be through this. I will say this DJI did a great job with support I got to speak to someone right away and they stayed on the line a LONG time troubleshooting. So long the smart controller almost ran out of battery LOL

Reactions: RGS2010
Hello, looking for HELP. I have a smart controller. I have a macbook air and I can not get the files from the controller on the computer. The disck in a reader is not readable. the bluetooth is paired but will not transfer. I downloaded the android app in a previous link. I purchased a USB file transfer cable. still nothing! any ideas? Thanks

So I made a little headway...after 3 hours on the phone with DJI I made some headway. We got it to unlock at my house. They said I shouldn't have to do this again when I'm in Schaumburg tomorrow and that the database had gotten confused and they had to reset it. I will update when I can but atleast it sounds like I might be through this. I will say this DJI did a great job with support I got to speak to someone right away and they stayed on the line a LONG time troubleshooting. So long the smart controller almost ran out of battery LOL
what number did you call? I have messaged them before on FB and they were very good but they do not use Fb for assistance any longer.

My suggestion for the transfer problem...just transfer via sd card from the drone and it will transfer faster than any other way. The wifi will be a time suck and if your recording to the SD card its right there no muss no fuss. I believe you can even hook the drone directly to it but I just eject and have a few cards with me

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR