DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller

Shoot sorry Mavic maniacs I see where you mentioned that you were flying over 2km with no issues that’s a big help thank you.

So now it’s a question of do I sacrifice picture quality for range? Or do I continue to wait for DJI to come out with a fix for the range issues with the RE? Or do I say heck with the goggles all together return them get a full refund and put my money towards the SC lol

I know I read too much and retain snippets of information but not sufficient details. Maybe @msinger or others know... But I thought I had read something about the order the goggles and controller or aircraft were powered on could affect the range of flight. Am I muddled or was there some discussion like that?

What I mean by having my phone on a gimble while flying is that my phone is on a hand gimble for shooting ground video at the same time my M2 Zoom is in the air shooting video using the new smart controller.

Thanks for your input. I really want to buy an SC but have seen a lot of vids on youtube talking about issues etc. I wanted to get some real feedback from someone who is currently using one.
So thank you.
Nothing is perfect but I have the SC and it is close enough to perfect in my opinion! I did not like the idea of using my iPhone with the remote, it’s sort of a jack legged setup but again, my opinion. I bought my mavic 2pro and SC as a bundle and glad I did.

Reactions: RogerMav
Has anyone purchased from one of these Shopify sites like the one below that ships from China? This store is called [email protected] and they are advertising the SC for $324.99. Any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks guys.

Has anyone purchased from one of these Shopify sites like the one below that ships from China? This store is called [email protected] and they are advertising the SC for $324.99. Any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks guys.

View attachment 73502

I have always stuck to the "if it seems oo good to be true, it probably IS too good to be true"... Admitted, that way I have never had amazing deals (oly good ones), but also, I have never been scammed (yet)...

Thought $649 USD was quite excessive, but then the price jumped to $749, thanks to the 'tariff games'. Then I thought, wait a second, you didn't think twice about paying more than that for your android smartphone, so.... My new SC arrives this week - finally after being out of stock for a while. Very stoked! Only posting this in case other pilots thinking the price a sticking point.

Reactions: ff22 and RogerMav

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LMcVetty