DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart controller

I installed Airdata last night with a few little tweaks I was able to get it working however when I connect the smart controller using the dji USB cord I’m unable to transfer files from the smart controller to my windows 10 PC because the PC does not recognize smart controller
Is this a common problem with smart controller or am I the only one having this issue
Very common, its a driver needed issue. Check this thread exporting-flight-logs-from-smart-controller.57760/#post-718678. There are a number of YouTubes that will help (search MTP Driver).

Or just side load the sync app, let the SC upload them automatically for you, saves a bunch of hassle.

Litchi and a few others directly sync with Airmap. With DJI GO4 first sync the dji servers and then use HD sync to sync with Airmap. Works flawlessly. Any downloads from Airmap site, should u need it: kmz, kml etc can be done directly from their website.
I didn’t get why you actually need Airmap “app”.

Oh if you use android, another useful app is Blue Car Tethering on Demand - Apps on Google Play pair phone and SC over BT, everytime you power on your BT tether gets started. Saves even more hassle [emoji4]

I could use some help here please. Can’t find blue car on amazon on sc and can’t seem to get google play store on sc. Tried to download from above link but get

5d22042e791ff426d089927b4b50672d.jpg

Have downloaded from apkmirror but can’t open.

I’ve never used android before. Help appreciated . Thx

I was trying to get blue car tethering app on sc to see if it’s useful

You install that on the phone not the SC. Just pair your SC and phone and set the SC as the device to start the tether. No install necessary on the SC at all.

Ah . Lol that makes sense then!! No use as I have apple phones . Thanks for your prompt reply :)

Litchi and a few others directly sync with Airmap. With DJI GO4 first sync the dji servers and then use HD sync to sync with Airmap. Works flawlessly. Any downloads from Airmap site, should u need it: kmz, kml etc can be done directly from their website.
I didn’t get why you actually need Airmap “app”.
I don’t really need a AirMap I was just curious

last night I transferred files using Amazon cloud kind of a hassle
Everything looked fairly accurate on my flight log that I transferred except for the fact it had me flying out over the middle of the pacific ocean, don’t understand that??

I’m going to try your advice and use HD Sync or Direct DJI sync it seems like it would be much easier

It seems like everything I try and do outside of actually flying the drone using the smart controller has been time consuming and a challenge

Thank you for your reply

If you install HD sync, either side loaded or from Google Play, and turn the auto sync on, will just do it when you have network on the SC. So much less hassle than having to remember to tell Go4 to sync etc.

Reactions: Socal Al
If you install HD sync, either side loaded or from Google Play, and turn the auto sync on, will just do it when you have network on the SC. So much less hassle than having to remember to tell Go4 to sync etc.
Ok going to try it tonight
Thanks for tip..

Installed HD sync as you suggested with google play and ran it, no hassle no problems
Lots of features for a free app, the google earth 3D view is really cool too

turn off debug developer mode. it is a known bug.
Many thanks for this!
Spent an hour trying to get SC connected to PC : usb A computer -> usb C SC with no luck.
Looking for drivers etc etc
Did a slide down from top of SC screen after connecting and turned off debug developer mode.
Now it shows up as MTP USB device in file manager and is fully accessible.
Thanks!!

Last edited:
And FYI for SC flight logs location: (I've read elsewhere giving different locations)
SanDisk SD card / DJI / dji.go.v4 / FlightRecord
(may be internal shared storage, but I have my settings for external card)

And for Litchi:
SanDisk SD card / LitchiApp / flightlogs (.CSV files)
SanDisk SD card / DJI / com.flylitchi / FlightRecord (.txt files)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hcastro