DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart controller.

Mori55

Reactions
I’ve been trying to update my new smart controller using the assistant 2 on my laptop.
I’ve watched countless videos. It just won’t fully download. I’ve been on it for six hours.
Ready to send this back.

I’ve been trying to update my new smart controller using the assistant 2 on my laptop.
I’ve watched countless videos. It just won’t fully download. I’ve been on it for six hours.
Ready to send this back.
Are you using the latest version of Assistant 2? 2.0.14

Reactions: THE CYBORG
Ready to send this back.

This worked for me:

Reactions: zeusfl
I glad worked for you.

These instructions worked for me:

1) turn on SC, change screen timeout to 30 min (swipe down from top and click the settings gear icon)
2) start Assistant 2 on computer
3) plug USB C into controller, then attach to computer
4) Assistant will recognize controller, click it then click on update
5) it will download the file, then start the update
6) it will pause briefly at 16% (per usual) then will pause longer at 98% while it reboots 4 times
7) after the 4th boot, Assistant will say 100%

For many people the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic will say an error about communication fail what is normal because the smart controller reboots. You do not need to see 100% completed because at that point the firmware was fully loaded already in the controller. Is just wait until the controller then reboot 4 times.

Reactions: Thomas B
I am pretty new at this with my Zoom and SC. Will it tell me if I need an update? When I purchased it it went through a few updates using the home Wi-Fi. And do I need this assistant you all keep talking about here? What does it do?

Ready to send this back.
It is DJI. They are having server issues and really no matter what you do even if correct still a roll of the dice with their end working. It is SO frustrating took me over 3 hours to do. I made this YouTube video...it's a bit lengthly but shows you what I was experiencing and one time simply worked. Go figure it was the time I had a DJI agent on the phone with me so crazy! I would say make sure you are logged into the Assistant app....make sure absolutely you have your Smart Controller set to sleep at 30 minutes if it sleeps the update crashes and DJI confirmed this....and make sure you have more than enough free space on your Smart Controller.

Thank you, thank you , thank you ZeuS-FL for your help/ advice with the Smart Controller update and linking to Air 2. It went flawlessly following your instructions after one failed attempt ( would not connect to Assistant 2 but uninstalled it and reloaded with new version 14) You are the man and thanks from the UK!

Thanks to AP, Zeusfl, and another poster - for sharing info on how to update SC!

Reactions: zeusfl
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zack400