DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SN mismatch ??

Filmarik

Reactions
I bought an open box Mavic 3 Cine. I was told by the dealer that the drone is brand new never flown before.
When I was going to register it with CASA (equivalent to FAA) which is mandatory in Australia, I realized that the SN on the label in battery compartment is different from the SN of the aircraft shown in FlyApp under About section. BTW, the FlyApp Aircraft SN shown in FlyApp is the same as the Controller SN and these are also matching the SN on the box. What is going on here? The logical conclusion I am arriving to is that the "body shell" of my drone was replaced for whatever reason and therefore it has a different SN on the sticker in the battery compartment. Is there any other plausible explanation for this mismatch? Tell me I not being paranoid..Or was I, as I suspect, sold a repaired/refurbished drone instead of a brand new one??

Last edited:
Reactions: DougMcC
Not acceptable in my book. Me, back to the store it would go.

I have more DJI products than I care to admit. Never seen what you describe.

I have more DJI products than I care to admit. Never seen what you describe.
Let me see if I get this right. Are you basically saying that this mismatch is pretty unusual and perhaps even highly suspicious? I do not want to be accused by the dealer of being unreasonable when I will be insisting on getting a brand new replacement drone.

Last edited:
It would need better explanation from a higher source than myself.
Whatever explanation you get from the “dealer”, I would attempt to verify through DJI themselves.

It would need better explanation from a higher source than myself.
Whatever explanation you get from the “dealer”, I would attempt to verify through DJI themselves.
Well, I was already told by the dealer that they "verified" with the DJI authorised repairer and were told that this is normal. But then another owner here in OZ confirmed that his M3 SN are all matching.. Drone label, box and FlyApp. So my suspicion has not been quelled. Somene is not right here.

It could be a replacement drone for the original that ended up lost or crashed.

It could be a replacement drone for the original that ended up lost or crashed.
There are many possibilities, all speculations only. What I am hoping to get answer to is how my drone ended up with QR sticker in battery compartment with SN different from the one on the box and in the FlyApp.

There are many possibilities, all speculations only. What I am hoping to get answer to is how my drone ended up with QR sticker in battery compartment with SN different from the one on the box and in the FlyApp.
so within the flyapp the SN posted does that match the box? or the sticker in the battery?
if all the numbers match the box except for the sticker. its possible the wrong sticker was affixed to the craft?

the FlyApp Aircraft SN shown in FlyApp is the same as the Controller SN and these are also matching the SN on the box
It sounds like you're saying DJI Fly is showing the remote controller SN in place of the aircraft SN. The aircraft and remote controller SN should be different.

It sounds like you're saying DJI Fly is showing the remote controller SN in place of the aircraft SN. The aircraft and remote controller SN should be different.
No. The "Controller" and the Aircraft have the same SN. CONTROLLER IN THIS CONTEXT IS NOT REMOTE CONTROLLER but a control board inside of the aircraft.

so within the flyapp the SN posted does that match the box? or the sticker in the battery?
if all the numbers match the box except for the sticker. its possible the wrong sticker was affixed to the craft?
That could well be the case but it could also be something else. DJI Support Team is working on finding out the truth. Expecting the answer with 2 to 3 days.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS