DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

So Alive (high speed proximity)

RTKD

Reactions
LOVE this song, it needed a cut :)
Mixing my Mavic Pro with my custom AP rigs. Getting smoother. This edit turned out faster than I had intended, but sometimes you just gotta go with it. Comments and criticism welcome, I know the fast stuff is too much for some people

Reactions: Gut Stuff and JDawg
Great flying! Are you using goggles for the aerobatic clips?
Yes, the acrobatics are done with a FPV race drone. I'm trying to get better at incorporating it into my mavic shots without making the viewer motion sick.

Wow, amazing shots. But i always get near to vomit watching those acrobatic flight videos. That is very sad :-(

Reactions: RTKD
Wow, amazing shots. But i always get near to vomit watching those acrobatic flight videos. That is very sad :-(
I love the feeling it gives me, I think I'm an adrenaline junkie. It's even stronger when you're flying live in the goggles. You have to forget that you're flipping $500+ through the trees at 60mph and just put it out of your mind. Like many FPV pilots, I graduated from driving sport bikes. This kind of flying gives you that same thrilling lurch in your stomach, without the danger of death by squid. Definitely not for everyone :)

Reactions: Bilo
LOVE this song, it needed a cut :)
Mixing my Mavic Pro with my custom AP rigs. Getting smoother. This edit turned out faster than I had intended, but sometimes you just gotta go with it. Comments and criticism welcome, I know the fast stuff is too much for some people

Could you post a picture of your racing drone please?

Last edited:
Could you post a picture of your racing drone please?
2NYpdRK.jpg

The two in the front are 6 inch the little one in the back is three inch. To give perspective, a Mavic pro propeller is closer to 7 inches

Then this Frankenstein here is a 5 inch. This one I didn't build from scratch, but I've messed with it a lot
KhlTCbI.jpg

The tiny camera in the front is my FPV camera, that's my live feed. You can see a red and a yellow antenna, those are the radio receiver, and the round omnidirectional antenna in the back is my video transmitter.

And just as an aside I have a micro class as well. This is a great trainer because it uses the same controller and goggles I use for the full size rigs. I learned to fly on an older model, but it's the same idea. Fly it indoors, crash it all day, then once your comfortable you step up in size. This one is $100 and it comes all put together and ready to fly.
Emax_Tinyhawk8__72017.1541273385.jpg

Here's the footage from that

Reactions: JDawg
I'm not posting this in the main thread because there's no Mavic footage in it. Thought you guys might like it though, most of it is nice and slow. I'm getting closer to where I wanted to be with my piloting, and a big part of that has been filming in 60 FPS so I can slow it down without chop. If you try to actually fly this slow it's really hard to carve a confident line and not constantly correct. I think with the new Hero 7 I'll get these slow smooth shots nailed down

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wqb3