DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

So here is my first video with my new Mavic Air 2

Well done. My first video a few years ago was me flying 30 feet above the wife out in one of our fields, who was spotting for me, whilst both of us being chewed by mosquitoes and black flies.... your start was much more graceful, I still don't like flying over water!
Thanks I must admit the video was short because I decided I was risking it for my first real video over water LOL

That was a great first video, really well done. I expect my first video to be a dronie in a big field with no one around and definitely no water danger! How far away from you was your MA2? I wondered if distance was keeping you from getting closer to the lighthouse then I saw that you were staying away from the birds on the lighthouse. Good idea, you already had enough birds to deal with! Although they did add to the interest of your video ?

Reactions: TrevWill
Hi All,
Got a drone during lockdown and took delivery a few days after the launch of the New Mavic Air 2. Have just been out and done my first real drone flight video.

This lighthouse is called Whiteford Lighthouse on the Gower Peninsular in South Wales UK. It is only a few miles from where I live. Long walk down to the lighthouse from the car park but very worth the effort.

I am a complete beginner so please be gentle with me LOL

Andy1248

Great video but the sound put me to sleep

That was a great first video, really well done. I expect my first video to be a dronie in a big field with no one around and definitely no water danger! How far away from you was your MA2? I wondered if distance was keeping you from getting closer to the lighthouse then I saw that you were staying away from the birds on the lighthouse. Good idea, you already had enough birds to deal with! Although they did add to the interest of your video ?
Thanks for the reply. I am now starting to look at my video with a more critical eye. Even thought it was my first real video. I now think it is a bit boring with the birds giving the additional interest subject. I was so nervous flying over water then I could see the birds perched on the lighthouse, I was happy to get a circle around the subject and then back. I later walked further up the beach which was totally empty and spent two batteries worth of practice. Trying different auto flight options such as boomerangs etc and then trying to emulate them. I am going to try a new subject this weekend and hopefully the video will not be so boring lol .

Reactions: MsDrone
Thanks for the reply. I am now starting to look at my video with a more critical eye. Even thought it was my first real video. I now think it is a bit boring with the birds giving the additional interest subject. I was so nervous flying over water then I could see the birds perched on the lighthouse, I was happy to get a circle around the subject and then back. I later walked further up the beach which was totally empty and spent two batteries worth of practice. Trying different auto flight options such as boomerangs etc and then trying to emulate them. I am going to try a new subject this weekend and hopefully the video will not be so boring lol .
Sorry missed one of your question is was about 350 feet away. Very difficult to see the drone from that distance but could justify that it was still within my line of sight. (But only just) think this is the limit I could legally fly it to be honest. Yes it did have an effect on my decision to fly that far away from the lighthouse but as you said also the birds were a big part of my decision making including keeping it short.

Reactions: MsDrone
Great video but the sound put me to sleep
Thanks for the feedback. Few people have said really enjoyed the music and a few have said too laid back. I thought it went with the idea of a chilled flight around a secluded light house but I take your point. Music never been my strong point lol

Sorry missed one of your question is was about 350 feet away. Very difficult to see the drone from that distance but could justify that it was still within my line of sight. (But only just) think this is the limit I could legally fly it to be honest. Yes it did have an effect on my decision to fly that far away from the lighthouse but as you said also the birds were a big part of my decision making including keeping it short.

My videos so far consist of really just the practice you are talking about, and I’m in a pretty big open field with trees around the edges so hard to make an interesting video. So, I thought you did a good job. Re 350 ft, I’ve sent my MA2 out to 1,367 ft so far and can barely see it at that distance, and if I take my eyes off of it - as in to see how far away it was- lost. The first thing I do at the flying field is check my RTH - send it out about 300 ft and make sure it’s going to come back to me.
Have fun training and flying, what a great new hobby.

Reactions: TrevWill

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143