DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

So I have just brought a used Mavic Pro...

richacourt

Reactions
Hi there not sure if this is the right place to post, I have just bought a used Mavic pro, I have all ways wanted one, I just have a few questions.

I bought it for taking images of boats, as we fit synthetic decking to all kinds, I want to take some nice images of our finished work.

I guess my 1st one is what I can sell my Mavic Pro for I can buy a new Mavic Air, do I have the wrong drone for the Job?

Image was taken with iPhone

upload_2018-2-2_9-32-42.png

hi and welcome
have you taken any pics with the mavic yet? are you going to use it outside only?
take a few pics from different angles and see if they are ok for your needs.
if they are, then the mavic is the one I would keep

sorry one of you questions was what can I sell my mavic for.
depends on what the package is, no of batteries ect

The cameras on the MP & MA are essentially the same other than the data rate it writes to the sd card (100Mbs) and the ability to video in 120 FPS in 1080p. I would be very cautious if you are flying indoors using VPS, the lighting has to be relatively high for the Vision Positioning System to work.

The cameras on the MP & MA are essentially the same other than the data rate it writes to the sd card (100Mbs) and the ability to video in 120 FPS in 1080p. I would be very cautious if you are flying indoors using VPS, the lighting has to be relatively high for the Vision Positioning System to work.
+1
personally I wont even fire up my mavic indoors. iv got a DSLR camera and a ladder:)

It also depends on the type of images you’re planning to shoot. If you’d like photo’s of the boat in motion over water then I’d stick with the Mavic Pro, the new Air uses WiFi which is awful, the same tech I had on my old Phantom 3 Standard which I barely used because the signal cut out so much. I’ve flown my Mavic out to sea just over a mile and only really turned back because I wimped out, still had full signal and no loss in connection, not in a million years could I have done that before.

In fact I would imagine WiFi and boats would be even worse due to the electronic equipment on board them.

Reactions: richacourt
Hi, Yes I took this inside yesterday we have a large warehouse, most the work we do is outside this is a new deck for 44ft Cat, I pulled this off the phone, will it better quality if I take the SD card out of the Mavic or the same? Am i better filling in 4K and pulling a still.

Sorry, I did say I was new :)

upload_2018-2-2_11-7-34.png

Hi, Yes I took this inside yesterday we have a large warehouse, most the work we do is outside this is a new deck for 44ft Cat, I pulled this off the phone, will it better quality if I take the SD card out of the Mavic or the same? Am i better filling in 4K and pulling a still.

View attachment 30266
taking a pics inside I personally would not even use a drone (drifting due to lost GPS/lighting ect)

outside, taking stills are better than grabbing stills from a video (depending on the editing software your using)
taking stills and videos direct from the sd card are of a higher quality than you get on your device

Definitely better on the SD card. Not sure what your photo settings are but check if it’s JPEG or RAW, RAW photos require some post processing effort though but come out much better.

Reactions: richacourt
hi and welcome
have you taken any pics with the mavic yet? are you going to use it outside only?
take a few pics from different angles and see if they are ok for your needs.
if they are, then the mavic is the one I would keep

sorry one of you questions was what can I sell my mavic for.
depends on what the package is, no of batteries ect
I think I have gone off the Air now, I paid 500 cash + my hero cam 5 / for the Mavic Pro, It has x2 batteries 12+240v charger the DJI bag and filters :) I think I did ok it looks new not a mark on it.

View attachment 30266

Sd card in drone recording on 4K
Smartphone record and stream 1080 hd

Definitely better on the SD card. Not sure what your photo settings are but check if it’s JPEG or RAW, RAW photos require some post processing effort though but come out much better.

it's Jpeg at the moment not even looked into editing yet :)

Well there’s not exactly much that can influence the camera, since aperture is fixed it only leaves the shutter and ISO. I would use manual at night definitely but during daylight hours there’s usually enough light to obtain a ISO of 100 and even at relatively slow shutter speeds it’s really stable so stick to auto during the day. Other than that there’s the white balance to consider, auto white balance is pretty good but can’t be changed in post production unless shooting in RAW. Have it set manually to daylight during the day, ruins pano’s if the white balance doesn’t match across the images.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J