DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

So is ParaZero still a thing?

MavicFT1P

Reactions
I remember this from a while ago. Says July 2019. But has a air of VaporWare to it.
Still with Mavic 2 Pro's flying around, it makes some sense. Spend it on this instead of Marco Polo maybe?

I was thinking the other say that one could make there own parachute release system with a bait release system,
and some jury rigged rocket chutes?
Maybe someone has done this already?

Seems like there are lots of solutions out. As for ParaZero, their website is still active at ParaZero Drone Safety Solutions Drone Parachute as well as others including:

As to how well they will work for your system, that is another question. Although even DJI offers a solution for their larger solutions like the Matrice series.

Fruity Chutes im looking at like ok, it's not pretty but...then price tag $622.00 USD! 1.2 kg? :oops:

That's literally the price of another Mavic Pro! (Refurb).
For that price it better have an an anti-tree/roof system or something.

For a Matrice, or inspire, it makes sense, especially with a $5k dslr or more swingling low, but Mavic, nup I'll pass.

It looks like theve evolved from Hyper expensive RC Planes/Quads like 1:5 scale Apache Helicopters, and such.
Thanks for the links tho

edit: I like the costs and Range the MARS site has. Great for a Phantom Owner. More than Half the price

Last edited:
I’d buy the Marco Polo (and did).
Even with a parachute, what are you saving?... and why would you use it, as the “ blown away in the wind” factor increases if you actually needed/deployed the chute. Could make flight records useless in locating.
The MP can locate the drone no matter where it is for about 30 days and at a range where you only have to be close including stuck in a tree.
Just my $0.02

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
I remember this from a while ago. Says July 2019. But has a air of VaporWare to it.
Still with Mavic 2 Pro's flying around, it makes some sense. Spend it on this instead of Marco Polo maybe?

I was thinking the other say that one could make there own parachute release system with a bait release system,
and some jury rigged rocket chutes?
Maybe someone has done this already?

Absolutely still a thing! (Full disclosure - I work for the company).

We recently had a major breakthrough with the FAA when they approved a waiver for flight over people with our ASTM compliant SafeAir Phantom. ParaZero is currently the only company that's providing off-the-shelf parachute systems that have been used in successful waiver applications. (We already have 3 waivers approved in the past month).

Thats great News for you, and your early adopters.
I ask myself, what was the deal with Fruity Chutes then?
They mention nothing about laws on their product page (that i can see)

Did they have their own personal waiver or something?
Whatever the case, I hope you can improve on the Price tag, as MARs has done
and keep it light for mavic.

I think alot of you are missing the point of a parachute system. Have you ever seen a mavic can 200ft after a motor fall and crash 50 ft from you or a loved one. I will say I have access if struck in the right place could be lethal. That is what their for nevermind actually finding the drive again it's about possibly saucing a life. I had a random failure and free feel 250 ft. Crashed Right beside me. These mavic 2 pro have got to be one of the most unreliable quads ever made ice had two. A zoom and a pro both experienced motor failures the first was caught during start up checks the second wasnt so fortunate. I guess that's why they will never be able for flight over people. Best thing I can say is if you want reliability check transport Canada site. There you will find a list of the quads that are certified for flight over people aka reliable. Mavic pro 2 is not one of them and shame on dji for it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore