DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

So many pilots hate the mavic af

I too, on day 1, assigned C2 to CENTRE AUTOFOCUS so I can quickly get Focus.
And set C1 set to CAMERA DOWN so I can quickly check what's beneath me whilst Landing or Descending at a distance away from me where it's hard to see the exact terrain below the craft.

Android doesn't have focus peaking yet, unless they added it in the latest update. I haven't found it though.

As a photographer, I like the ability to use selective focusing. It was part of my purchase decision. If I want more of the scene in focus, I set my focus to the hyperfocal distance as previous members have pointed out in this thread.

Reactions: Kenneth Sands
So it's best to have AFC switched off, take off and tap on something in the distance for infinity focus, while tapping to refocus on something closer only when you need to?

Am I correct in assuming AFC with continually autofocus during flight, even while recording video?

If so, I'd stick with the former.....

I too, on day 1, assigned C2 to CENTRE AUTOFOCUS so I can quickly get Focus.
And set C1 set to CAMERA DOWN so I can quickly check what's beneath me whilst Landing or Descending at a distance away from me where it's hard to see the exact terrain below the craft.

I have the same setup for c1 and c2 in litchi. IJust point at something 75-100m away with good contrast, press c2, and its good.
night flying is a different story :|

I've also have C1 as auto focus. Every time I feel the need for it, it's just one click away.

I haven't changed the buttons on my controller yet. The button on the back on the left hand side (maybe c1 without looking at the manual) will auto focus in the center of my screen. It's convient and close to the gimbal wheel for me.

Have c1 set to switch the right wheel between changing iso or shutter speed and c2 set to center focus.

Its a simple solution and basics if u know photography or video. When u have ur mavic ready for take off. Focus on the object furthest away from you. Once u take off everything will be in focus. UNLESS of course u wanting to shoot closeups of an object. Its a process similar to what we use in television called setting backfocus

When I take off I go straight up to about 120-140', point the camera straight down at the landing pad, tap center focus, then go on about my misssion. Since I have been doing this I have never had to refocus during the mission or had a video come back out of focus.
hey Robert thanks for your msg..
so you have autofocus off right? u take off get ur manual focus and just go on.. right?

Am I correct in assuming AFC with continually autofocus during flight, even while recording video?

If so, I'd stick with the former.....

When I have tested AFC only now functions when you are not recording, I like it. It will continually focus when flying until you start recording and it will then lock unless you tap to focus or stop recording.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121