DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SO now my DJI FPV has RID built in with the new update

4 inch pistons

Reactions
So when I registered it with the FAA last year, it did not have RID. As Mads Tech tells us, using the Integra goggles (which I also have) it is now RID compliant when I bind the two after the updates. Does the FAA know that since when I registered it as "NO" last year? The serial number is there. Do I need to do anything else other than the updates and link it with the goggles?

Today you don't need to do anything. However, one day when RID is mandatory, you'll need to include the RID details that match your drone's serial number in the FAA database. So yes there will be one additional step needed for you to be fully legal.

I am by far not the expert in this matter but I feel it is sometimes necessary to point out some things. It sounds like you are a recreational flyer so on top of your single registration number, you listed a number of drone in your inventory. Keeping the inventory current will include adding RID details next to each drone in your inventory (where required). The goggles and the remote controllers have no effect on RID and my understanding is it doesn't matter to the FAA. However, if you did not perform the software update which provided standard RID and instead you attach a broadcast module, you should enter the broadcast module details into the database instead.

In the FAA database, click on YES and you'll see what RID details are required. Obviously there will be a bunch of NOs after the deadline because people will continue to fly even if they have an RID compliant drone; they'll fails to go back into the database and make the update. Personally I believe the database registration update is completely voluntary from the standpoint there is no technical effect on RID. However, if you fly with RID and those RID details are not in the FAA database....I dunno what happens.

For the DJI FPV model, I do not yet see a Declaration of Compliance for this particular drone at the FAA website.

For the DJI FPV model, I do not yet see a Declaration of Compliance for this particular drone at the FAA website.
DJI has promised us that the FPV drone would be RID compliant by 8/31.
My understanding is that the update last week that made the FPV drone compatible with the the Integra Googles also brought us RID. I have not had time to do the update and verify this however.

DJI has promised us that the FPV drone would be RID compliant by 8/31.
My understanding is that the update last week that made the FPV drone compatible with the the Integra Googles also brought us RID. I have not had time to do the update and verify this however.
I have the FPV and all the goggles and the latest July software updates which has these release notes:

• Added support for the aircraft to use with DJI Goggles Integra and DJI Goggles 2.
  • Added support for Remote ID requirements in the United States.

I have tried both the Integra and Goggles 2 and they both now work. Seems to me, DJI delivered the RID software update earlier than expected but since there is no DoC then it really doesn't count yet. I understand they have until the deadline to gain "full" compliance or actually, they can do this whenever they feel like it but I was just wondering what is taking them so long since it has been a month since the release. I can only think of 4 reasons maybe:

1. The DJI process to gain DoC is broken since the last FAA recision and until they get it fixed....or,
2. They are waiting for 9/16 or,
3. This isn't the final RID sw and another version is coming due by 8/31 or,
4. RID for the FPV cannot gain FAA DoC for standard RID because the transmission can be manually interrupted in flight by the pilot (by detaching the mobile/GPS device).

I've been used to flying DJI FPV for awhile without having to connect my mobile phone. It's fine if that's what I have to do but it's awkward and cumbersome. No phone is needed when I use Integra but I get disconnects and the display FOV on Integra is weird to me so I'm not a fan. Oh well.

I have the FPV and all the goggles and the latest July software updates which has these release notes:

• Added support for the aircraft to use with DJI Goggles Integra and DJI Goggles 2.
  • Added support for Remote ID requirements in the United States.

I have tried both the Integra and Goggles 2 and they both now work. Seems to me, DJI delivered the RID software update earlier than expected but since there is no DoC then it really doesn't count yet. I understand they have until the deadline to gain "full" compliance or actually, they can do this whenever they feel like it but I was just wondering what is taking them so long since it has been a month since the release. I can only think of 4 reasons maybe:

1. The DJI process to gain DoC is broken since the last FAA recision and until they get it fixed....or,
2. They are waiting for 9/16 or,
3. This isn't the final RID sw and another version is coming due by 8/31 or,
4. RID for the FPV cannot gain FAA DoC for standard RID because the transmission can be manually interrupted in flight by the pilot (by detaching the mobile/GPS device).

I've been used to flying DJI FPV for awhile without having to connect my mobile phone. It's fine if that's what I have to do but it's awkward and cumbersome. No phone is needed when I use Integra but I get disconnects and the display FOV on Integra is weird to me so I'm not a fan. Oh well.
So when you use the Integra goggles with the FPV, you DON'T need to plug your phone into the goggles ???
I might be missing something but, I can't take off if my phone isn't plugged into my V2 goggles, at least that was AFTER the firmware update anyway. That sucks.

So when you use the Integra goggles with the FPV, you DON'T need to plug your phone into the goggles ???
I might be missing something but, I can't take off if my phone isn't plugged into my V2 goggles, at least that was AFTER the firmware update anyway. That sucks.
For RID, do you need to use your phone plugged in to take off?
Goggles Integra? No
Goggles 2? Yes
Goggles V2? Yes

Thanks for clarifying.
Which leads me to another question. Are Integra goggles better than my V2 goggles ?
Because I REALLY don’t like having to plug my phone into my goggles. Is this a DJI plot to get people to upgrade to the Integra ??

Thanks for clarifying.
Which leads me to another question. Are Integra goggles better than my V2 goggles ?
Because I REALLY don’t like having to plug my phone into my goggles. Is this a DJI plot to get people to upgrade to the Integra ??
This is just my personal opinion but for flying a drone, the V2 is better the FPV and not the Avata and the Integra is better with the Avata and not the FPV. The Integra is always going to be better when it comes to RID since the cable with phone solution is a bit painful.

I own both and love both. I like the simplicity of the Integra without using the cord but I love not having the battery hanging too. The buttons are also better than the touchscreen but as for use after the drone takes off I like the Goggles 2 better.

Reactions: Torque
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas