DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

So what happens if.....

You can leave the gimbal protector on but you may get glare from reflective light on your footage.
You cannot leave the gimbal holder on, if you do, within seconds it will warn you of gimbal overload as it is trying to calibrate itself, but being held solid.

You cant letf the gimbal protectors on. Your mavic overheat. From behind of gimbal there is vent holes for mavic. Read user manual.

You cant letf the gimbal protectors on. Your mavic overheat. From behind of gimbal there is vent holes for mavic. Read user manual.
You must remove the gimbal CLAMP to prevent over heating and damage...... the 'protector' can stay on if you wish, although it may affect the quality of your images.

The gimbal cover (not clamp), when left on during flight, has affected my picture quality because it refracts sun to make uneven glare on the picture. It is pretty bad. But it doesn't hurt the Mavik. The gimbal protector is another story - if you forget, the app shows gimbal overload - I did it by accident but caught it before flight because of the warning.

I taped red streamers to my gimbal lock so I wouldn't accidentally leave it on. As for the gimbal cover, you can leave it on but if you want quality images you will remove it.

I stick the rubber cover into the plastic gimbal cover too. It's remind me every time i take off.

Reactions: Silver Surfer
If you think there is a chance you're going to forget to remove the gimbal lock, then you might want to invest in something like this "remove before flight" keychain. There's no way you're going to miss it when you're getting your Mavic ready for a flight.

RemoveBeforeFlight.jpg

Last edited:
Every now and then I forget, leave it on, get the warning, curse a little bit in a low voice, remove it, and fly on. I don't think a few times forgetting will do much harm as long as you respond to the screen warning and don't take off and fly long anyway. You'll know quickly, if you do, that things aren't right, and fly back to get it done.

Nope, sorry - t'ain't true.
I've flown mine in Texas heat with the bubble on with several batteries. No temperature issues at all.

The gimbal cover (not clamp), when left on during flight, has affected my picture quality because it refracts sun to make uneven glare on the picture. It is pretty bad. But it doesn't hurt the Mavik. The gimbal protector is another story - if you forget, the app shows gimbal overload - I did it by accident but caught it before flight because of the warning.
Actually I never got the overload message - what I got was video that looked like a drunken sailor took it.

Actually I never got the overload message - what I got was video that looked like a drunken sailor took it.
If you never got this - this can happen anyway. I talk with DJI support today. You have to remove gimbal protector for prevent overheat drone and you have to remove clamp to prevent gimbal overload.

If you never got this - this can happen anyway. I talk with DJI support today. You have to remove gimbal protector for prevent overheat drone and you have to remove clamp to prevent gimbal overload.
Sorry - I have flown for almost 2 hours when it was over 100F outside and no temperature issues. Have you actually tried for yourself?
But it doesn't matter, I couldn't care less what you do with yours - fly with or without - your choice. I only fly with mine when I'm doing risky stuff since the gimbal is so flimsy.

Reactions: in_novikov
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frostseb