DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

So where do you keep your drone when not flying?

In its Domke satchel, ready to go on a moment's notice.

Good thread topic! I've recently been pondering this very situation. Like many of ya, obviously married into the same gene-pool, mine started out on the dining table. I mean.. c'mon.. it's not like anyone sits down to eat there anymore. Lasted 'bout a week before the 'In the way' come into play. Moved right over to the 'breakfast bar' where her charging station is located. So for now...
she sits in her case, ready to snatch and go, on the furthest bar stool, at the end of the 'breakfast bar', just waitin' to go for a ride.

In DJI bag, in a backpack, in my truck.

Although I often carry it in the house at night as I if I'm ever parked in a bad area I don't want someone smashing the window and grabbing the Mavic pack!

I have my batteries set to auto discharge after the 10 days, and I usually fly at least every 10 days... which means that for better or worse, they always have a full charge. o_O

It goes with me everywhere (cuz you never know) - in car, on the motorcycle in the little 1 strap mini-backpack. When inside on desk next to my keys. Yeah, I get eye rolls from my wife.

Good thread topic! I've recently been pondering this very situation. Like many of ya, obviously married into the same gene-pool, mine started out on the dining table. I mean.. c'mon.. it's not like anyone sits down to eat there anymore. Lasted 'bout a week before the 'In the way' come into play. Moved right over to the 'breakfast bar' where her charging station is located. So for now...
she sits in her case, ready to snatch and go, on the furthest bar stool, at the end of the 'breakfast bar', just waitin' to go for a ride.
thanks man but according to some other poster on my cow thread said i don't contribute. But I agree we never eat on that table. We always eat on TV trays while watching Tucker.

I keep mine in a lowepro photography bag with my DSLR, couple lenses, and filters. I can fit the entire fly more combo in the bag (obviously not the DJI bag, but all the accessories). My tripod straps in on the bottom of the backpack so It's basically a full on photography setup that I can easily hike with or take on a motorcycle.

So on top is the dslr with 18-55mm lens, slightly left of dslr is some filters for it, bottom middle is a 55-300mm lens, right side is mavic with battery on, and one spare battery, left side is controller, other spare battery, and ND filters for Mavic. There's a pocket on the front that holds the extended legs, charger, multi-charger adapter, powerbank adapter, spare props, a little air cannon for blowing dust off of lenses, and microfiber clothes for cleaning off any smudges (sometimes it's hard to install those tiny little ND filters without accidentally touching the glass).

Attachments

• IMG_20170420_134131643.jpg
    IMG_20170420_134131643.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 30
Reactions: JoostGT3
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member