DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

So you still want to be in the Mac echo system?

Venting frustrations is understandable, and it's valuable to share experiences to help others make informed decisions. It's important for each individual to consider their specific requirements and do thorough research before investing in any technology.
And course some of the venting does lead to people actually testing out the complaints. For example on the higher end of apple, it's a lot of fluff in the real world.

As noted I picked up the New Mac Stuidio and I run Windows parralell which allows me to Run Windows seemlessly at the exact same time, and its been ideal.

There is so much power in the. M2 chip from Mac that it does not miss a beat. I also have a Windows Computer that Share the Monitor just in case as a back up.

I use two apps that run only on the Windows Platform only but the Most Annoying aspect of the MAC is where the Notification Windows Pop up on the Screen and you cannot change them.

On the Windows Platform If I just use WIndows on the Mac not Seemlesly but in its own window I can get get the Notification Windows to Pop up on the Bottom Right Hand Corner and that works so much nicer with all the apps.

What was a Completel Surprise to me with the MAC was how much faster my Internet is: on the windows back up it was 300 meg and the Mac blew me away at 980 as I have been paying for 1000 meg for a long time but the windows Computer despite how New it was could not get me there . That was a game changer for uploading videos.

So in the End , Mac pulls away at the last lap and wins the Race as I now have 980 Internet speeds on both the Mac and Wiindows at the same time and the Mac get the Win as you get the best of both worlds running and you will never know it as it blends so eaisly into the Mac Platform.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water , Capture the Storm.

I ran a photography studio for decades, and for the longest time the studio was all Mac. I kept upgrading to a point as the improvements came fast and I didn't keep my Macs too long. I began switching to PC's about the time that OS9 got replaced with the first OSX. OSX wasn't ready for prime time and it was literally years before printer drivers and other necessities were no longer available. Quark Xpress I don't think ever recovered.

Fast forward a bit. Since, I have had a Mac here and there and have never had a Mac last me longer than 6 years. My average PC can go at least 12-14 years and is outdated with heavier software before it breaks.

The last Mac I had was 6 years old and I put $250 in repairs into it TWICE and it still wasn't right. I gave it to my youngest daughter who didn't have a laptop.

BUT JUST THESE PAST TWO WEEKS... My oldest daughter who was raised on Macs and is sort of a Mac evangelist had her Macbook Pro's screen go wonky. $600 in repairs for the screen. Two weeks later... that 6 year old Mac is dead as a doornail.

Just yesterday I was helping a client who has a lot of images for products he is selling is also having a problem with his main Mac. It's just "choking". So what does he do? He removes Photoshop from it... and I now can't edit his images from his system. I'm sure this issue was his fault because he doesn't know how to manage assets... But I've been so far removed from Macs that I couldn't help him.

Sure there are problems with PCs, and I know there are those with great success stories with Macs, as I ONCE HAD. I've said this before and the situations I've been running into these last months have concluded, at least in my mind that Macs have a shelf life before repairs of about 5 years. At 7 years Apple considers them to be done and won't even repair them. In my opinion if I can get an equivalent PC for half the price and make it go for twice as long as a Mac, I'm way ahead of the ball game. The only downside are the very few Mac only programs (i.e. Final Cut Pro) that you can't put on a PC. That's ok. There are plenty of programs for everything on PC.

Im just venting due to my daughter's EXPENSIVE ordeal.) She's going to buy another Mac and there isn't a thing I can say to her. Oh... And her husband, after 5 years needs a new Mac too. Bottom line: You do you. I'm just sharing my experiences. Bah! Humbug!
It's important to remember that individual experiences can vary, and what works for one person may not work for another. Some users have had great success with Macs and appreciate their reliability and performance, while others have had better experiences with PCs.

Ultimately, the choice between Mac and PC depends on personal preferences, needs, and budget. Both platforms have their strengths and weaknesses. Macs are known for their sleek design, user-friendly interface, and compatibility with certain software, while PCs often offer a wider range of hardware options and can be more cost-effective.

Venting frustrations is understandable, and it's valuable to share experiences to help others make informed decisions. It's important for each individual to consider their specific requirements and do thorough research before investing in any technology.

Reactions: Robert Prior
It's important to remember that individual experiences can vary, and what works for one person may not work for another. Some users have had great success with Macs and appreciate their reliability and performance, while others have had better experiences with PCs.

Ultimately, the choice between Mac and PC depends on personal preferences, needs, and budget. Both platforms have their strengths and weaknesses. Macs are known for their sleek design, user-friendly interface, and compatibility with certain software, while PCs often offer a wider range of hardware options and can be more cost-effective.

Is this ChatGPT?

Reactions: waynorth
I tried the iMac, could wait to get back to my PC. My wife is using the iMac which I have to admit has lasted longer than the MS studio. My problem is that i just can’t send the Mac to a local store for repairs which we don’t have. I have to freight it to the east coast which costs me more in freight than the repairs. With my PC I can track the problem and repair or replace myself.
Your welcome to your Macs I’ll stay with my PC, I’m comfortable with them and I know them, but I did try. 😀😀😀😀
Regards
Couldn't agree more. I once took a job at a post-production photo lab. They did basically touch-up work on model's head shots. It was the first time I ever SAW a Mac close up let alone never used one after 15 or so years on PCs. I could make absolutely no sense out of that OS and couldn't wait to get back to my PC which I could make do anything. With one or two exceptions, there's every bit the same software for PCs as for Mac but at least I'm not supporting a communist regime to use a Mac. My Dell with Windows 10 has been going strong for years and I have no problem with it.

Reactions: Gagey52

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gottawonder