DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Software or Hardware?

Bitrootvz

Reactions
As I posted before, I can not connect to my mavic pro consistently and when I do I don't get video. I crashed it just before Christmas and sent it to DJI in Colorado and they wanted $500 to fix it. They told me the main core board was fine but I needed several other parts. Well I just paid for the estimate and shipping and had it sent back. after the crash I had video and connection but camera errors and no rear lights and broken plastic. I have gotten all the replacement parts to build a new drone except the core board. I randomly can connect to the drone with my controller (1% OF THE TIME) but get no video signal. I can wifi connect to my phone (Moto z2 force) and can fly and get video and camera movement. Bought a second controller but it won't connect either. I have a heck of a time connecting to DJI assistant but have been able to update to newest firmware on my drone and original controller but the new controller wont connect to assistant. so can a core board be inconsistent in connecting because my knowledge of electronics tell me it is a work or not work with IC's and transistors. Why will it wifi to my phone and not the controller? is that a software issue? I'm $250 into repairs and Im sure that $100 was stuff not needed. Any advice before I send it to Thunderdrone?

Without sounding negative towards all your efforts I would send it to Thunderdrones, because it will not just get fixed it will get a good looking over and that would give me more piece of mind in the long run. You've popped your first crash cherry as it were and I doubt that will happen again, so best to know all is well in my opinion.

I never realised that DJI charge so much to get stuff fixed! There have been a slew of posts recently on that very subject.

Hope you get it sorted soon

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661