DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Software Udated Mavic Pro

Gazmg

Reactions
Hi Peeps ive had my Mavic over a year and she performs very well.Question i have never updated any software since ive brought her,will i be told if updates are available ? or do have to manual check through dji assistant also batteries have never been updated.

I have heard of issues when people do update ? Thank for advice in advance.

Reactions: Vue D’Oiseau
I got my M2P 6-months ago or less. It immediately wanted to have its firmware updated (AC, remote, and all batteries). It hasn't asked for it since.

According to the manual, you will be notified when connected to DJI GO 4. Your mobile device needs to be connected to the internet and the remote needs to be linked to the AC. Batteries will just happen as you use them (though you will get the murky "inconsistent firmware" message for a brief moment while it detects that and quickly corrects it).

I haven't done this, but I would not be surprised to discover that you manual check firmware versions using DJI Assistant.

Chris

Reactions: Gazmg
I don’t think DJI writes updates to the Mavic or any version of the Mavic Pro (MPP, etc). That is to say there will not be any updates as I understand the issue.

you only need to update if requested to do so i have had my MPP for almost a year and apart from the first updates that were done on first start up, have never had to update since, the only updates have been to the app mainly to do with flight restrictions and geo zones if all is well then just leave well alone,its really only when an update has to be performed if it prevents you from starting the drone with out doing the update

Thanks for that like, some say if its not broke don't fix it,like i said i no performance issues.

I meant to comment on that (if it's not broke don't fix it). This is a risky viewpoint, in my opinion.

There are always bugs. Just because it hasn't happened to you doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. Just be thankful that you're not one of the handful of crashed Mavic owners that had to press DJI for them to recognize that they had a problem and FINALLY fix it in a firmware update.

Not all bugs get fixed, but if some got worked on and tested because X number of people lost their aircraft (which also can create a danger to bystanders), then I'm not going to willfully be one of those crash victims, just because it hasn't yet happened to me -- I'm going to update in hopes that I get to fly this thing for many years with ZERO crashes.

As for the notion that they're never going to issue an firmware update for the M2, I have not heard that before. I know for a fact that a) mine came with firmware loaded and b) when I first powered it up, it required an update. So my experience is that they have already done at least 1 firmware update.

Chris

i hope this thread is about the mavic pro or mavic pro platinum of course there have been updates for the mavic 2,my replies have been based on the assumption that the OP was talking about the series one mavics,

Hi Peeps ive had my Mavic over a year and she performs very well.Question i have never updated any software since ive brought her,will i be told if updates are available ? or do have to manual check through dji assistant also batteries have never been updated.

I have heard of issues when people do update ? Thank for advice in advance.
Whether or not to update your MP1 is up to you. You did not say what firmware you are on, but if it works well for you then I would stick. If there IS an update you will be notified in-app if your mobile device is internet-connected. I've stayed with 1.04.00. If there's a battery firmware mis-match you will also be notified in Go4 and the update takes only a few seconds, but it sounds like you don't have any problems.

For quite some time after the original Mavic Pro release, there were numerous updates, some of which produced undesirable results, in the minds of many users.

These problems were never actually confirmed, nor disproven.

Doesn’t much matter though, because the latter updates seemed to fix any problems and added functionality.

For this reason, I wouldn’t be afraid to update to the latest version if prompted, to get the most out of your equipment.

I always update my MP, Autel Xstar premium (no recent updates published) and my Yuneec Breeze - never had a problem. If there is an update - it is for a reason-I figure sometimes wait to hear complaints or issues - but by two weeks I am updating - then I go back and check settings - as some get reset to defaults.
Just my nickels worth.

I am glad I decided to just keep my Mavic Pro and not upgrade to a Pro 2 or zoom. It flys flawlessly and connects to my DJI Googles every time. It is my backup to my Typhoon H Plus and travels are a piece of cake with the Mavic Pro. I still can hardly tell the difference between my photos and video quality from even the higher end cameras on the latest Mavic Pro series or even my 1" sensor camera on the Typhoon H Plus.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet