DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Software updates that change DJI Fly screen features

DrBazMan

Reactions
It seems with the latest (December 2020) software updates that the Aircraft Orientation widget has vanished from the bottom centre of the Fly screen. After a bit of research, I discovered that there's now a tiny icon at the corner of the minimised map display that invokes a widget resembling an artificial horizon aircraft instrument. This presents similar info to the Aircraft Orientation widget, namely the aircraft position relative to RC location and aircraft yaw position.

Rather strangely, my new artificial horizon widget rotates freely, with the North indicator wheeling around madly (and obviously not showing north most of the time!).

Anybody know anything about this? Apparently the DJI Go app has used this widget for quite a while, so maybe DJI is trying to harmonise Fly features with Go. But a bit of documentation would be really helpful ;-)

PS it seems that a number of folks have experienced unexpected switches to ATTI mode (even with multiple GPS satellites fixed) during this strange transition from Aircraft Orientation to artificial horizon widget. Much weirdness!

Rather strangely, my new artificial horizon widget rotates freely, with the North indicator wheeling around madly (and obviously not showing north most of the time!).
If the craft is stationary, this should not happen. Can you post a screen recording ?

The transition from Aircraft Orientation to the artificial horizon widget is nothing strange. It helps to avoid blow aways by telling you the wind speed and direction right where the craft is.

Reactions: Troy M
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike