DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Software upgrade for Mavic 2 Pro and Smart Controller Problems

Craig@48

Reactions
Using my PC and DJI Assistant 2 I updated the software of my Mavic 2 and the Smart Controller. All seemingly went well. When I fired them up it asked me to link them which I did (hence a green light on the controller and the drone. My dilemna is I can't use the standard sticks down to start the motors? I have no error messages and can find no apparent reason why this is happening; I have 3 one year old batteries and they all are in fine shape. I've flown the M2 for over a year with virtually no problems so I'm stumped. I've read a lot online here and google search and from DJI and tried tweaks but nothing so far has helped. I hope someone out there has my solution. Your help much appreciated. Thanks, Craig

first off welcome to the forum and I'm not sure but I believe somewhere in the settings on the smartcontroller you can change how to start and stop the motors not sure why it would change but I'd check to see if that's what happened keep us posted and good luck

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
With normal controllers an update sometimes necessitates a controller recalibration.
I don't know if this applies to the SC but I don't think it would hurt.
Again, with a normal controller the drone should not be switched on during this, in fact you can not calibrate the controller is the drone is on.

I reinstalled again using dji assistant 2 for mavic. First did the quadcopter then the controller. I had to restart the controller update 3 times but it finally finished and voila! it works again. Thanks for all the helpful responses!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7