DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Software

jeffro

Reactions
Is there a software accessible to average civilians to use a dji mavic pro to find or locate things such as fish deer or other things?

I think you would need to be looking at some camera addons for some thermal imaging

Ok I thought that but i didn’t feel like spending the thousand dollars for an attachment[emoji23]

Yea it’s not cheap. For the mavic though, not many options for what you want to do

It is illegal to do that with a real airplane, (at least where I live) I knew a family that put their brother up in the family airplane, he would circle the hunting area and radio where the deer were to his family on the ground. When Game and parks caught wind of it, they lowered the boom on this group. Its an unfair advantage to the hunter, much like shining a spotlight in an animals eyes to find and shoot it in the dark.
So I would expect legal trouble if doing it with a drone. You may want to check into that before you get the $10k fine the people I know got!

Is that the same with fishing?
That I do not know. Not many bodies of water around the central US for that to be an issue. The seagulls usually do the spotting for us here!

Several states specifically disallow the use of drones for spotting wildlife. I'm guessing the rest will follow suit shortly.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos