DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sold the Zoom for a Pro

But that could have meant "when using their swap service they announced" and not when doing it yourself...

Ok, so then whats the warranty going to be on the new gimbal they install for you? Will it be the initial warranty of the initial gimbal or will it be the install date? How will DJI know? Answer is, they wont.

I would presume that since the drone or DJI-go knows you have changed the camera/gimbal, it might report to the home office - meaning dji might know someone has tinkered. That could allow them to void any warranty or care package.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
I would presume that since the drone or DJI-go knows you have changed the camera/gimbal, it might report to the home office - meaning dji might know someone has tinkered. That could allow them to void any warranty or care package.

That is a concern. DJI could also write firmware that would prevent users from switching cameras. Worse yet, DJI could have the firmware lock up the drone meaning you have to send it to DJI for repairs. DJI is probably owned by the Chinese Government so anything is possible.

Ok, so then whats the warranty going to be on the new gimbal they install for you? Will it be the initial warranty of the initial gimbal or will it be the install date? How will DJI know? Answer is, they wont.

Where is the announcement from DJI that they will swap gimbals? If in fact they will do this, the warranty on the second gimbal would be 6 months from date of purchase. This program you speak of does not sound feasible at all. No one is going to spend $100 shipping their Mavic waiting for a gimbal swap. DJI will just come out with a premium Mavic that has the Hasselblad Zoom.

Last edited:
Where is the announcement from DJI that they will swap gimbals? If in fact they will do this, the warranty on the second gimbal would be 1 year from date of purchase. This program you speak of does not sound feasible at all. No one is going to spend $100 shipping their Mavic waiting for a gimbal swap. DJI will just come out with a premium Mavic that has the Hasselblad Zoom.
Do you know what the warranty is on a gimbal?

I'm not sure where you get your information from, or what's your experience is aside from owning a Phantom 4. You can not state what DJI will come out with and when they will come out with it and how often their technology is updated. I have a feeling you're gonna be waiting a long time for your perfect mavic 2 pro zoom model. If it ever does come out.

In August of last year DJI planned to do the gimbal swap. It has not yet materialized.

That is a concern. DJI could also write firmware that would prevent users from switching cameras. Worse yet, DJI could have the firmware lock up the drone meaning you have to send it to DJI for repairs. DJI is probably owned by the Chinese Government so anything is possible.
DJI is a privately own company. The owner's name is Frank Wang. Google is your friend

Has this been done yet? Do you know of any DJI plans to do it? Where are you coming up with this stuff?
Where is the announcement from DJI that they will swap gimbals? If in fact they will do this, the warranty on the second gimbal would be 6 months from date of purchase. This program you speak of does not sound feasible at all. No one is going to spend $100 shipping their Mavic waiting for a gimbal swap. DJI will just come out with a premium Mavic that has the Hasselblad Zoom.

Thats the good thing about the Mavic 2. If you dont like the lens you got, drop me a line and I can sell you a different one, depending on what I have in stock. I take trade-ins...

Im also working on a very low cost concept for exchanging the Zoom for a Pro and vice-versa. It might be less than $300 to go from a zoom to a pro. Will know more after some testing.
Cool! Keep us updated.

Sold my P4P and got both M2's. Could not get the M2P to fly out past a 1/2 mile in any direction or height. Also could not get sharp pic from the M2P cam. So i sent it back and kept the zoom.
The zoom is really nice for wildlife pic because i can get close enough without spooking them.

Sold my P4P and got both M2's. Could not get the M2P to fly out past a 1/2 mile in any direction or height. Also could not get sharp pic from the M2P cam. So i sent it back and kept the zoom.
The zoom is really nice for wildlife pic because i can get close enough without spooking them.

Thanks for your feedback. My DJI dealer told me no one is buying the Zoom. The Pros are flying out the door. Not sure if he was just trying to sell me the more expensive product.

Thanks for your feedback. My DJI dealer told me no one is buying the Zoom. The Pros are flying out the door. Not sure if he was just trying to sell me the more expensive product.

Who is this dealer??? :oops::oops: lol just messing with you

I have gotten an even number of repairs that are z's and p's. People opt for the Z because its cheaper. People opt for the P because they want the lens. Same drone other than that.

I vacillated for about a week. I finally decided:

1- that I'm not going to be producing pro-video or images at this stage in my life,
2- the zoom added a fun feature and
3- for the price difference I might be able to fly to someplace fun and use the Zoom. (g)

I vacillated for about a week. I finally decided:

1- that I'm not going to be producing pro-video or images at this stage in my life,
2- the zoom added a fun feature and
3- for the price difference I might be able to fly to someplace fun and use the Zoom. (g)

Wow!!! The zoom takes nice video:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BLEKOK