DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 1 Solidtude on Lake Superior Pano

Scuddzy

Reactions
I realize I missed the rule of thirds on this shot but i really like it. This was taken on a family road trip to Lake Superior this past Summer. Any thoughts on how i could have improved the shot while taking it or further in post? While beaches and campgrounds were overflowing with people in the south we headed north to find Solitude and ended up discovering this little known hidden gem of a beach. What an epic summer day for my wife my four year old Daughter and I.

PANO0001-Pano-3.jpg

Thanks,
Josh

That image is awesome!

But, if you must edit it, I'd crop off the top 1/4 of the sky. That cloud has no detail in a large section of it and draws the eye right to it. That said, if you do crop it, you would loose the smaller cloud on the left of the image.

For helping out with taking shots, turn on the histogram, over exposure warning and the grid lines.

Will do thanks, There was a massive amount of sun and a huge glare spot, lower right. i did my best to edit it out with radial gradient. I probably didn't do it the most ideal way but it was a huge improvement. I used a polarized lens, but i think I needed to use a darker one for this shot, i have lots of more footage from that day, I ran through my three batteries on that beach. Trying the capture that essence of summer. Thanks for looking/ commenting.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hippysmavic