DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Solved—-Ultrasonic System Error

Dariof

Reactions
I had that dreaded ultrasonic system error message.

DJI told me to turn off the front sensors, turn off the VPS, fly in sports mode, recalibrate the sensors, and recalibrate the IMU and compass.

None of that worked.

What DID work was removing the extended landing gear that had the metal shock springs in them. The metal springs were somehow interfering with the sensors. As soon as I took them off, all the problems went away.

I Hope in someway this may help someone else.

No. I should have but didn’t think of it. My fault completely. I overlooked the most simple solution.

I cut the metal springs out, and will use the extensions without the metal.

Last edited:
Interesting - so the springs were, I guess, out at the ends of the arms, or closer in to the body? Do you have a photo, or product name.

Dariof was probably using something like these:

ivalux-mavic-pro-upgraded-landing-skid-heightened-shock-absorbing-anti-damping-landing-gear-stabilizers-leg-extension-kit-with-spring-for-dji-mavic-pro-height-riser-extender-set-with-suppo-picture-01.jpg

I use the plastic version that are angled away from the sensors (below) and have never had a problem with them. Definitely would recommend leg extensions if you are not comfortable doing hand launches/catches and/or using a landing pad. I've recently gotten better at hand launching, but the leg extenders are great since the Mavic is so low-profile and keeping the gimbal out of even the shortest grass is tough.

s-l300.jpg

Dariof was probably using something like these:

ivalux-mavic-pro-upgraded-landing-skid-heightened-shock-absorbing-anti-damping-landing-gear-stabilizers-leg-extension-kit-with-spring-for-dji-mavic-pro-height-riser-extender-set-with-suppo-picture-01.jpg

I use the plastic version that are angled away from the sensors (below) and have never had a problem with them. Definitely would recommend leg extensions if you are not comfortable doing hand launches/catches and/or using a landing pad. I've recently gotten better at hand launching, but the leg extenders are great since the Mavic is so low-profile and keeping the gimbal out of even the shortest grass is tough.

s-l300.jpg

Exactly correct....that is what I was using.

When removed, no errors at all.

I’m thinking some sort of metal interference, but it could be the straight leg design.

I took the springs off, so if it does it again, it’ll be the design and I just won’t use them. If not, it was the springs.

Last edited:
I'm having this problem, and without the extenders
Im having the same problem, usually im doing a restart it got away and sometimes come again, i lt happened first when taking off on the sand, i thought it was the sand but recently it would give same error whether take on concrete or grass, checked the sensor it was clean, still don't know what to do..

Or hand launch/land.

Bought myself the pgytech landing gears and while it was being shipped I successfully completed a hand landing. Haven't landed on the ground since and the landing gears were never fitted :(

DJI told me to turn off the front sensors, turn off the VPS, fly in sports mode, recalibrate the sensors, and recalibrate the IMU and compass.

None of that worked.

What DID work was removing the extended landing gear that had the metal shock springs in them. The metal springs were somehow interfering with the sensors. As soon as I took them off, all the problems went away.

Obviously the maker of the shock spring extensions, never read the Mavic Pro manual. Metal very BAAAD!!

Just go get this.

61IzBBEdssL._SL1200_.jpg

Last edited:

None of that worked.

Thanks for the post. Had the exact same scenario today, tho avoided DJI as it was after hours.....Had just put the sprung extenders on Mavic did not like it at all.
Took them off ....not a problem!

None of that worked.

Just get a fold up helipad. It's the first purchase I made. No need for extenders.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Among1423