DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SOLVED: 4k videos to Iphone

The Nvidia Shield does not fit within the arm slots in the DJI Remote Controller (its too thick). You need some 3 D printed S Clips to attach it. I used to print them for folks, but not anymore.

Have used a set of Headplay's that a friend loaned me. Very immersive when flying FPV.

The Nvidia Shield does not fit within the arm slots in the DJI Remote Controller (its too thick). You need some 3 D printed S Clips to attach it. I used to print them for folks, but not anymore.

Have used a set of Headplay's that a friend loaned me. Very immersive when flying FPV.

Cool thanks. Btw is this the Nvidia Shield from 2015 you're referring to? I can't find newer versions and it's discontinued in stores including B&H.

Yes. Purchased mine on eBay for the retail price and it arrived in brand new pristine condition. Take a while to charge using a standard usb charger as it has a big battery. Its a bit heavier and bulkier than my iPad mini , but its also faster and able to "Cast" (screen mirroring) its screen to my large flat screen.

Oh ,be careful. The first version of Nvidia Shields were recalled due to battery issues by Nvidia. One did not have to send the Nvidia Shield K1 in to Nvidia as there was a "kill" program that was sent out to the devices the moment they connected wirelessly to the internet. There was a program developed to stop the "kill" program so people could get thier new tablets and still use thier old ones. Well that anti-kill program only worked as long as people did not completely power off and back on. Once doing so it bricks the device.

Unscrupulous sellers on eBay have been known to sell these devices in this condition.

Great, have you used any of these?

And does the Nvidia Shield fit into the bracket on the controller or did you need to buy a separate one (if so, which one)?

Cool thanks. Btw is this the Nvidia Shield from 2015 you're referring to? I can't find newer versions and it's discontinued in stores including B&H.

I bought a bracket for it (MavMount) and I might have missed it but not sure why the shield you would buy is from 2015. The Shield I bought is new and not discontinued.

Amazon.com: NVIDIA SHIELD K1 8" Tablet - Black: Computers & Accessories

New SHIELD tablet K1 for Gamers - NVIDIA SHIELD Store

I want to share how I am able to get high resolution videos from my mavic to my iphone
This took a lot of testing and research but I have successfully brought nearly 4k video to my iphone for further video compositing.

Some annoying basic notes about Iphone/Apple restrictions:

-Apple doesn't allow 4k to be played on or downloaded to device unless it was captured by the device

-Syncing the videos is not favorable as you can't delete videos or photos from the phone when it has been synced

How to get 4k videos on the iphone

1. Transfer raw 4k videos from mavic to computer
2. Using Handbreak (opensource video compression) do the following:
  • Load the raw 4k video and change the resolution to 3,000 width and keep aspect ratio
  • Use the highest bitrate and compression for best quality
  • Make sure the compressed video format is .mp4
3. Once compressed upload to a cloud server (i.e Onedrive)
4. Download Onedrive to iphone and download videos you uploaded to Onedrive to your iphone
5. Congrats... you have almost 4k videos that play on your iphone

Other various notes

I haven't tried anything over 3k resolutions with the iphone, you may be able to trick the OS into playing 3,880k videos. The trick is apple's software blocks 4k video from being played or downloaded on the device, if you use a resolution barely under 4k the OS will play the video.
That's a great example of why I hate Apple the company. Great products but their lack of flexibility is beyond acceptable.

Apples closed architecture borders on a cult mentality. I remember going into an Apple store years ago and asking if I could simply buy a battery to replace one in one of my early Iphone's . They looked at me like I wanted to pull the mask off of the Lone Ranger and told me there was no way for me as a consumer to change the battery myself.

Any company that claims to have a "Genius Bar" that cannot even replace a battery in your presence is way to full of itself.

FYI, with the LumaFusion app, you can import 4k videos and edit it on, and export back out in 4k, you can download video files from all the cloud networks available so far. I am still trying to figure out how to copy 4k files directly to camera roll or something...

Apple doesn't allow 4k to be played on or downloaded to device unless it was captured by the device. One possible way to transfer Mavic video to iPhone is to tweak/compress 4K to 1080p or 2k first.

Hello. You can try to use 'Sync for DJI' app. This app allows share even 4K video to iPhone even in the background without losing any data and quality. I found this app for iOS ‎Sync for DJI on the App Store .

After a flight, I open this app, it automatically connects to my drone. I select images and video and tap on download or share button. The app works with Wi-Fi and connected RC. Also, I use it for my OSMO + too.

I don’t understand why everyone is blaming Apple for the lack of this feature, while it’s obviosly DJI who is preventing 4K video download.

I don’t want to be baby-cared. Just let me download the file and share it with other app through a standard share dialogue. This way I can send a file to Dropbox, upload it my server through sftp, import it to Luma-fusion for video editing or upload directly to YouTube in 4K. Just give me an option, if DJI can’t make their own app to play 4K video, it doesn’t mean that I do not have other ways of using it.

Reactions: EyeInTheBlueSky
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erhard